Chapter 66

Oh, would ya look at that! It's already September 18 here...

Happy birthday to Aidan Gallagher ig🎉

Did I draw him on his day? No. Did I make yet another terrible song? Definitely not. Did I update this ff instead even though we all know we don't want him to see this (but lowkey does lol)? Yizsir(⁠⌐⁠■⁠-⁠■⁠)

Mkay, enjoy reading!

·-_±_-·

THE NEXT DAY came by with Fei and Ben walking down the stairs amidst of discussing Ben's scheme. "They handed over the bodies, we got what we wanted. Why do we need this old guy?" Fei thought it was the right time to question him about the sudden drift of the plan. Furthermore, the fact that he'd almost gotten into a fist fight with one of the Brellys. "And why did you have to give one of them a punch?"

"Like I said last night, it's to give them a warning if they didn't follow the deal." Ben answered, even though the whole reason was mainly because of how she got into his head. "And bodies? You mean Jayme and Alphonso, our siblings. Or have you forgotten about them?" He piped up.

"No, you know what I meant." Fei calmly excused. Although she still didn't see it as something that was more problematic than that sphere of light they saw down the basement yesterday. There must be a way to put a stop to it first, she thought.

Whereas Ben found himself raging over the cause of his siblings'deaths. "We need to punish their killer." He declared.

"Revenge can wait."

Fei's insistence made him grew confused and impatient. How can she sit this one out? They're their family. Ben found it awfully ridiculous of her. "Until when?" He argued.

"Until we deal with that thing in the basement." Fei overlapped as they made their way to the living room. "It's getting stronger everyday. People from all over the world are disappearing now. We need to work together with the Umbrellas."

Ben stopped walking and settled for the spot he was standing on. "The man who killed our siblings is an outsider." He stated, "Neither Sparrow or Umbrella." He deadpanned, "He needs to be dealt with before we can merge the families."

Fei thought it was an obnoxious strategy. It was too reckless, Fei couldn't help but feel reluctant of the plan. "And if they refuse?" She rebutted, "How do we save the world?"

Ben chewed on the inside of his cheek as he was stuck in thought. He hated to admit it, but she did have a point. But maybe they could just comprise for now - a recruitment, perhaps.

****

Y/N let out a sigh as she inspected the bruise on her throbbing cheek through the mirror after she hopped out of the showers. "I'm surprised I haven't lost a tooth." She said to herself, realizing that the bruised spot was always a puncher's target.

Moments after her short reflection analysis, her mind drifted off back to her near unhinging incident. It was one thing she barely had the control of ever since she discovered it during one of their missions as kids. Her frenzy was always something that she dreaded, because it was unpredictable.

Was it because she was too excited? It was not an uncommon cause, but the last time it almost broke loose, she didn't feel like it. I never know. She thought to herself with an exhale of her breath. All she knew was it was something she feared that she was not ready to face just yet.

Shrugging off the thought, she began putting a new set of clothes on. Afterwards, she ran down the lobby to see Luther and Viktor in the middle of the room. "It's uh... It's not as bad as it looks." She heard Viktor reassuring a worried Luther.