Chapter 3

THE GIRL DIDN'T realized she fell asleep on the comfy bed though the whole afternoon until Klaus and Diego went in and jumped to sit beside her on the bed. She jolted up, "I don't have a name, Officer Steve!" She groggily exclaimed, causing the boys to laugh.

"Oh, it was just you two.." She yawned and lied down again as she snatched the softest pillow she could find to snuggle with. "What are you doing here anyway..?" She trailed off as she fell asleep again.

"Hey! Save some of the sleepiness for bed time!" Klaus pulled her up. The H/C haired girl slouched and frowned, "Well, if you experience the way I live around the streets you'll definitely know what it feels like finally having your own bed to sleep on." She retorted as she rubbed her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever.. Now come on, dinner's ready. Mom's been ringing the bell." Diego stated. It was then she got fully awaken, "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go, the food's waiting!" The girl hurried downstairs.

Diego chuckled at her actions just from hearing the word 'dinner'. "Wow, she must be really hungry." Klaus snorted as they walk out of the room, following the girl.

When they got downstairs and into the dining table, they all stood there, waiting for their 'father' to arrive. The girl wasn't aware of that bit, luckily she wasn't about to sit down when she saw her new supposed siblings just standing beside their chairs. So she did the same.

Soon enough, Pogo announced that their father won't be joining them as he was busy with his writing. With that, they ate their meal without him. The whole dining table was silent. All that can be heard were the utensils colliding with the plates.

Until..

"So, Eight," Klaus, who was sitting across the girl, broke the silence. "Yes?" The girl looked up from her food that she was focused on. "Diego and I asked mom what she would name you. Do you wanna know what it is?" He asked with a tone of excitement lacing his voice. She was about to reply but she was cut off by a boy with blonde hair.

"Klaus, we're not supposed to talk during meal times!" He lectured. The H/C haired girl didn't hold back a glare that nobody can notice. She hated it when people cut her off.

"Well we're not supposed to talk when you're not spoken to." Diego chimed in. "Besides, dad's not even here, let them talk whenever they want, Luther." He added as he went back to consuming his food.

This so-called Luther grumbled under his breath in defeat and focused on his dinner. "Are they always like this?" The girl questioned quietly.

The Seance nodded, "Been enemies since they were wearing diapers." The girl chuckled and shook her head.

"So, you wanna know what your new name is?"

"Sure, what is it?" The girl's eyes sparkled as she heard she would be finally having a real name that would suit her.

Klaus grinned from ear to ear in excitement, "Mom named you Y/N!" His voice was as high as a microphone being next to an amplifier when he said it.

Y/N.. the girl thought to herself, never knew I'd like it so much..

She smiled to herself and continued devouring her own food. "Well now that I have a name.." she started, "Hi, My name's Y/N Hargreeves, nice to meet you." She exclaimed playfully.

Klaus chuckled and played along, "Well, it's a pleasure meeting you!" They both chuckled as they continued eating.

****

It was time for bed and Grace gave Y/N a set of new pajamas that matched the rest of the kids were wearing. The girl thanked her and changed into the comfortable outfit.