Chapter 42

Thanks ls_nolife for sharing your art to me! ↑↑

I just updated my wattpad and I'm starting to regret that decision. Seems to me that every story I see are a public domain instead of having any of the story copyright like all rights reserved or something. Even my own fanfics.

Em CoNfOoZed

Am I the only one?

Enjoy reading! 🖤

< • > • < • >

Y/N FROZE IN place after hearing him say it. Those words somehow made her heart swell and pound. She was happy, yes, but she was still trying to process everything. "What?" She muttered under her breath, trying to make sure she heard it right.

Five ran his hand through his hair. All of a sudden it became a little hot. "I love you." He repeated, trying to slow down the fast pace of his heart. But it was no use as he started rambling which was unusual for him, "I love you too much that I couldn't bear to lose you. So much that I want to hurt anyone who hurts you. To the point where I don't want to leave you without making sure you were all right and--"

He didn't get to finish his sentence when a pair of Y/N's lips crashed into his. Her hands trailed up to cup his face that was covered in dry blood while he place his hands onto her waist as he returned the passionate kiss, with AJ still in his other hand while he pulled her closer to him. They never wanted it to end.

Much to their dismay, they had to pull away to get the oxygen back into their systems. Their breaths mixing together as their faces were still close to each other. "I love you, too, Five." Y/N croaked as her voice suddenly shied away, "And I'm sorry if I made you worry." She chuckled before pulling him into an embrace.

"Aww.." Until they suddenly heard someone squeal in awe. The clacking of her heels gave it away. They didn't have a choice but to break their hug when the Handler had arrived, "Oh, to be young and in love.." She exaggeratedly exclaimed after they did so.

She looked at the boy, who now had his frown back onto his face. "Well?" She anticipated. Number Five couldn't make himself look at anyone after he recalled the events that happened in 1982. As he held up the bag filled with water and the goldfish, the Handler ecstatically gasped, "AJ!" She put down the briefcase and lift up her mini veil to take the bag from the boy as she cackled.

The Handler grinned weirdly- if Y/N were to describe it- and cooed at AJ before turning her attention back to Five. More specifically, his clothing, "You know, you're really starting to fill out those tight little shorts of yours." She remarked with a giggle, making Y/N bellow internally, You notice a lot of things.

"Why so quiet?" The Handler questioned, noticing how Five wasn't speaking at all, "Thought you'd be buzzing after this morning's slaughter."

"All this killing..." He replied, looking at Handler, "I'm done with it." He said before holding Y/N's hand, who was impatiently waiting for the woman to give them the briefcase already.

The Handler looked at him as if he was joking as she yanked out a handkerchief from her cleavage to clean the blood out of his face, "What?" She mocked, licking on the piece of cloth for moisture, "Am I supposed to take that seriously?" She tittered while she lightly swiped her handkerchief on his face. It wasn't doing much at all.

"What I did for today, I did for my family." Number Five deadpanned, "I did it to save the world."

"Please." Handler scoffed, "Spare me with your little assassin with a gold heart, will you?" She said, tapping the tip of his nose.