Chapter Six

You were really, and truly glad to put a smile on Thor's face, and two days later, Tony had begun to get a new room set for the other Asgardian (although he never said which floor), so that he could be treated like a member of the household instead of a prisoner.

Obviously, those were not Tony's words.

However, he did come to speak to you on the matter revolving the original subject.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

"It's open!" you yell, not removing your eyes from the movie that was playing on your TV screen until the door opened, revealing Tony.

"So, I hear your project was a success," he starts, making you pause the movie to focus your attention on what he was saying. "Good job, kid. I'm proud of you."

"Thank you, Mr. Stark," you reply appreciatively.

"Yeah, there's just one tiny obstacle right now." His words make you curious, only adding to it when he sits on the bed, looking like he was about to have an entire deep conversation with you.

"Which is?" you ask, pulling the sleeves your sweatshirt up further on your arms, covering the shiny black bracelets you wore.

"We have the use them on Loki."

"What?" you half yelp, then catching yourself, regaining composure. "I mean, uh, why exactly?"

"(Y/n), those cuffs could maintain and store away the powers of a dangerous god," Tony points out. "Capsicle said that you told him that they could prevent accidents, whether they were accidental or not. With Loki around, don't you think those are the kind of thing we need?"

"No, I get that," you assure, squeezing the pillow beside you. "Believe me, I do. But..." You stop yourself from saying anything more, though, deciding to just accept his reasoning. "Never mind, you're right, it's for the best. I'll just make some more."

"That's the spirit, sweetheart," he encourages, patting your leg. "And, cherry on top, you'll be the one to put them on Rock of Ages?"

You blink, taken aback a bit. "I do?"

++++++++++++++++++

"And that's exactly what he told me," you finish recounting to Wanda, taking another sip of hot cocoa.

"He's right, (y/n), you should be proud of yourself," she said, twirling the spoon around in her mug. "But you never did tell me why you were up so late again.

"Oh, y'know," you sigh in response. "Sometimes sleep welcomes me with open arms and sometimes it denies my every plea and request." The two of you share a laugh, then falling into a comfortable silence. When you've stared at the dim-lit night sky for a moment of two, you go to speak again. "Hey Wanda?"

"Hm?"

You place your mug down on the coffee table, scooting back on the sofa. "Does...having the powers you do now, that you never asked for, does it make you feel like a freak?"

"Sometimes," she admits. "There'll never be a day where you won't feel like a freak for having powers that no normal person should have, but...it all depends on how you look at it."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, think of it as dented cake pan. If you bake a cake in it, it's going to come out with the same shape. But what are you gonna do?"

"I'm gonna eat it," you laugh.

"Exactly," Wanda smiles. "That's you making the best use of it, no matter the new shape. So, what I'm trying to say is, this new shape—my powers—it shapes my life now, and I'm going to use them in the best way I possibly can. That way, if I am considered a freak, at least I'll be one people would want to look up to."