Chapter Fourteen

Once the jet landed in the hotel parking lot, you and Loki pulled all your luggage and sat it outside, before you thanked the pilot and stepped out.

"Wait," you suddenly remembered. "How are we supposed to change our appearance? Last time I checked, you don't have short, brown hair, and I don't have back length, black and red hair."

"Well, can't you cast an illusion?" Loki suggested.

"Do I look like I can cast an illusion?!" you hissed at him. "I'm not built for that type of thing, you are."

Loki holds his hands up, directing your attention to the sleek cuffs on his wrists, giving you a sharp look, which only makes you chuckle.

"What? I said that you were built for it, not that I'd get you to do it." Instead, you reached for your duffel bag, unzipping it and digging a hoodie and a pair of sunglasses out, holding them up. "Got these?"

"Not a...whatever that is," he replied, pointing to the hoodie and rolling his eyes. Not letting his lack of a hoodie ruin your plan, you reached back in your bag and grabbed another one of yours, a black one, and tossed it to him. "What? I can't fit this."

"I buy them in big sizes, not my actual size, genius. If it really is too small, no one should be looking that hard. Are you ready or not?"

"I'm not putting this on."

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

"Listen here, you oddly heighted Midgardian," he said, pointedly glaring at you. "There is no way I'm putting on that contraption."

"Do you have a better plan, greasy?"

"No."

"Then, this is what we're doing."

"We are not doing that."

++++++++++++++++++++++

Moments of forced cooperation later, you and Loki walked into the hotel, hoods pulled up over your heads to hide your hair, going up to the reception desk.

"Hi," the receptionist greeted, a welcoming smile on her face. "What can I do for you?"

"Hello, um, I believe we have a room booked?" you told her, lifting your glasses slightly. "Under the name 'Conrad?'"

The lady nodded and lowered her head to face the computer screen, clicking away at the keyboard. "James and Elizabeth, yes?" At your confirmation, she turned to a box in the corner, pulling out two keycards. "Welcome to our hotel. Your room is 221B, hope you enjoy your stay!"

"Thank you so much," you reply, taking the keywords from her hand, passing one to Loki and sticking yours in the pocket of your hoodie. The two of you took ahold of the luggage again, starting to walk down the hall and towards the elevator. The room you were in was on the second floor, meaning there was another hall to walk down before you arrived at the hotel room.

At some point, some of Loki's curls fell from the hoodie, dangling in front of his face. You shoved him back quickly, his back hitting the wall with a thud.

"Ow!" He hisses, looking at you with a scowl. "I didn't even do anything this time!"

"Your hair was showing, James," you bit back, yanking the hood off his head. "And you're not supposed to have long, black curls! People were staring."