Chapter Fifteen

Loki was worried. Like, really, really worried.

No, not because of the warning his brother gave him before he left which consisted of: "Screw this up on purpose, and it's back to being locked down," although that was definitely weighing in the back of his mind too.

Instead, he was worried because you still hadn't come back to him.

He looks around the room, and you're not there—which is crazy, because he'd looked up and seen you talking to some guy while he was talking to a group of people at the charity that didn't even know they were getting played for their money—so where on earth could you have gone?

There was a man seconds away from approaching him—and it's the same one you were talking to. When you're still nowhere to be seen near or far, Loki immediately gets suspicious.

"Mr. Conrad," The man quickly, shoved something in his pocket the closer he got. Loki recognized it, it was a pin from your hair. It makes his suspicions grow ten times larger than before.

"I'm supposed to be escorting you to the lower level, the meeting is about to begin."

"Yes, of course," Loki nodded, putting his front back on. "Let me grab my wife and we'll-"

"Oh, no, no, no," the man cut him off. "We've already had her escorted down, we're just waiting for you now."

"...Right." He knew his voice probably didn't sound too convinced of that fact, but nonetheless, he follows the man into the elevator, watching as it closes in front of their eyes.

He's already on high alert as the elevator begins descending, ready to fight if need be. Something about the man beside him triggers his sense of danger.

"We'll be down shortly," the guy says, but Loki is too focused on the way he reaches into his pocket slowly. "There's just one thing to do first."

Loki's ducking out of the way as soon as the baton is aimed at his head, grabbing the guy by his wrist, using an effective kick to the gut. It sent him back into the elevator wall, scrambling to get back up and initiate another attack. He sidesteps the guy, which gives him just enough leeway to defend him, taking the guy down in less than a minute.

"If this is what you had to do, I'm afraid you failed to succeed," Loki laughs tauntingly.

"Not exactly," the man chuckles, licking the blood from his split lip. "We still have your little wife."

Loki's eyes widen in surprise, before it shifts into anger as he grabs him by the collar of his shirt, staring down at him with a menacing gaze.

"Where is she?"

The smug grin on the man's face only widens. "There's no point in me telling you anything. She'll be dead before you can even get to her."