chapter 7

It was late at night and everyone in the roy chaudhary haveli slept except anirudh who was in his study thinking something for long deeply he couldn't able to stop thinking after they came from hospital the words of dr. Biswas and his man was ringing in his ears continuously Pressuring his mind to think about it.

"Kuch samaj nahi aaraha kya karu kya nahi pata nahi kyu baar baar mera mann bas ek hi baat keh raha hai"

he said rubbing his face with his hand leaving a deep sigh

"Toh pata lagao na sach kya hai"

A familiar voice came from behind he looked at the owner of the voice finding none other than but his reflection who came wearing barrister robe.

"T-um tum yaha kya kar rahe ho"

"Tumhari help karne aaya hu aur kya"

His reflection said to him rolling his eyes

Aur vo kaise??

"Tumhe yahi jaana haina ki bondita tumhari bondita hai ya nahi"

His reflection asked him while he nodded instantly not wanting to waste a second now.

Agar vo tumhari bondita hui toh uske daaye haath par tumhara aur uska naam hoga

He remembered when bondita was small she stubbornly made a tattoo of his and her name on her hand he was totally forgot about this how could he.

Cursing himself he ran towards her room as fast as he could stopping just in front of the door taking heavy breathes.

"Hei durgaa maa bas mei jo s-och raha hu b-as vo ga-lat ho" He prayed to durgaa maa with his moist eyes who were in verge of crying

he slowly opened the door not wanting to make a noise entering the room he saw her sleeping peacefully the rays of the moon falling on her face make her looking more angelic he was so lost in admiring her face that he forgot for what he came there.

She was sleeping alone maybe sampoorna's work still haven't complete in the kitchen.

Lost in her he made a step ahead only to wince in pain his head thrash with the door which help him to came back in reality.

He was quick enough to cover his mouth to not shout in pain rubbing his head he slowly went towards her sitting on his knees taking her hand making sure not to disturbed her sleep he slowly unfolded her bandaged only to witness his biggest shock of life because of the wound and placing ointment over it he couldn't able to read but the only thing he saw was his name on her hand.

His body became numb for a second his mind didn't able to process anything tears started rolling down from his eyes the fear was in his mind became true.

He hold her hand more tightly resting his palm on her who was still sleeping peacefully like a child a sob escaped from his lips saying

"B-ondita"

He didn't know how to react what to say
in this situation the only thing he understand was his bondita is not in a good state.

He feels so helpless, broken angry on himself didn't able to hold he ran outside the room descend the stairs hurriedly went towards his study sampoorna saw him and ran after him.