E46

(A/N): Veronica's POV during the two years of their breakup will be in the extra section as well as her watching Portia getting involve with Elise during her university days, after I publish the epilogue and other things that are needed in order to fill the gap and the plot holes of the story. I'm actually close to finally ending this revision, but still editing will be done during the process. Thank you!

Extra Section is a new term that I will personally use which is kind of different to other authors, where it is like a special chapter or has a similarity with that. It will be fixed in their past point of views (only if needed) and then my special chapters will focus on the future side of the main characters.

NOTE: THE HOSPITAL SCENES IN THIS STORY ARE ALL FICTIONAL. HENCH, THEIR REAL PROTOCOLS MIGHT BE DIFFERENT IN REAL LIFE.

...

Portia's POV

Think about it, I never made a choice to choose myself in the process of being first in everything. It has always been someone who is important to me - maybe it is my friends, family, or the person that I love. I was just a student at that time, who dreamed big of making up for my own name, which I wanted to see carved perfectly at the right place outside the door of my office.

Until then, another dream entered my life where I met a woman I didn't know - changed my whole life. I never knew that she could ever be more into me, surpassing my ideals and perception.

"Doc, kanina pa po nag hihintay yung babae na yan sa labas ng office niyo. Mahigpit apat na oras na ho." My hands remained on my neck; I was getting stressed again from everything. I needed to do something to get those photos.

"Salamat po, ako na ang bahala sakanya."

I put up a little smile as I walk in her direction. She's dressed in perfect corporate attire that hugs her body figure, but her face clearly says she's tired. But then, she still managed to look beautiful in my eyes.

"Why are you here again, Miss Veronica?" I cleared my throat and put up a stern face immediately without breaking our eye contact. Goodness, I miss those lips.

"H-hey, I cook this for you." Walang emosyon ko lang tinitigan ang inaabot niya hangang unit-unti niyang binaba ito at pinipigilan ang sarili na wag umiyak, naramdaman niya siguro na para bang ayaw ko ng presensya niya. But that's not it...

She doesn't know how I want to pull her into my arms and kiss her all day.

I have to do this - continuously ignoring her, hangat hindi ko pa nagagawan ng paraan ang ginawa ni Amelia. That fucking woman is crazy, I didn't know that she could be like this. Bigla nalang siyang susulpot sa buhay ko only to found out that she will ruin everything, I badly wanted to grip her using my hand, pero sa ngayon I need to lay low.

I need to get those pictures and burn them.

"You don't need to do this every day, Miss Veronica. I.." I paused, I'm so scared of hurting her more but if it only meant saving her, then I will. Please just wait, a few more days I'll assure you that I can fix this. "I'm always eating out with Dr. Dimitriev."

I've always been that person who's honest with everything, I value truth so much that's why I often volunteer in getting the position during the debate session. But this time, I broke my own basis and principle for the woman who had left me a few years ago. Pero hindi ko naman kasi agad matatago iyon, it has always been her.

Kahit anong gawin ko, siya parin talaga.

"I-I thought you love home cook meals. This is why I decided to cook for y-"