E45

VERONICA BLYTHE FUENTES

"Leigh! Wait!"

Nagmamadali akong hinahabol siya habang hawak hawak ang Vanilla Latte at Strawberry Cake na paborito niyang iorder sa cafe ni Sylvia. I wasn't really hoping from her to talk to me, but I just want her to eat.

Krystal told me that most of the time, she can't eat dahil halos pack and schedule nila which I understand. Hindi talaga biro pumasok sa medical field, tulog at kain ang kapalit.

"What do you need? Can't you see that I'm currently working?" I didn't mind how her eyes pierce right through me, emotionless.

"I just want to give you this," I lifted my right hand where I was holding my order just for her, her eyes indeed used to spark whenever I'm doing this thing before, but now? Not anymore. There was no even slightly likeness between how she stares at me.

All I get was a blank, with no answer.

"I already had my breakfast with Dr. Dimitriev, now if you excuse me. I must go, I still have surgery to watch." My free hand held into her wrist, her eyes furrowed and annoyed by my presence.

"Can you just put this on your personal fridge? Malay mo baka kasi-"

Inis niyang tinabing ang kamay ko ang kinuha ang pagkain. Ngumiti naman ako sa ginawa niya na akala ko ay interesado na siya, only to found out na tuloy tuloy itong naglakad sa nursing station at inilapag yun.

She gave it to them.

She didn't even turned around, umalis lang siya at iniwan akong nakatulala sa ginawa niya. But I still managed to composed myself and smile, it doesn't matter anyway. I won't give up easily.

The next day, I was too preoccupied by the project that we have in Cebu. It was too tiring that my presence were needed there kaya kailangan kong puntahan si Leigh because I might not be able to see her on the following day.

"Leigh!" I called her, her eyes widen when she saw me.

"Why are you here again?" She glanced on her wrist watch. "It's already 9pm in the evening. Go home, Miss Veronica."

"I just wanted to give you this," I shamelessly gave her the plastic that contains ice cream.

She sighed heavily before speaking. "You won't be able to get me back from giving me the things that I used to love."

I used to love?

"Look, I appreciate whatever you're doing right now, but I secretly hope that you will stop bothering me. My feelings along with my old habits have already been changed. I no longer used to be the one whom you knew before." She added, in disbelief. She didn't even hesitated, but to utter those words.

And once again I burst into tears silently.

...

"Anong ginagawa ng pinsan mo, umagang umaga nagluluto?" I heard Daniella's voice asking my cousin, while I was still busy cooking another spanish food that I used to cook for my Leigh.

"Naghahabol, sabi ko naman sainyo kapag natauhan yan magiging ganyan yan." Rinig ko namang asar ni Agatha.

"She deserves that anyways," My cousin laughed which made me turned around to face them and rolled my eyes on them.