E48

(unedited ++)

Portia's POV

"Ano ka chix?" Makaguluhan kong tanong sakanya, her smile faded.

"W-what?" She exclaimed. "I just came back, and that's the first thing that you're going to say to me?"

I made a two step backwards, my eyes unconsciously scan her whole body again until it fully landed on her face - she looks the same, just as beautiful as I thought but even more than that. But I can still see some hidden scars on her neck, based on the investigation Shaun almost choked her out to death.

"Pagod ka lang Portia, nanaginip ka lang." I muttered to myself and turned around. I even heard a gasped, it seems like she thought that I became unbelievable.

"Seriously Leigh?!" She grabbed my left arm that made me look at her. "Didn't you hear me? I just came back; your wife came back!" She got furious.

Napansin kong napapalingon na samin ang iba dito sa loob ng cafe, I don't know if what she said caught their attention or sa mukha niya mismong nakatingin. Alam ko...alam kong bumalik na siya, but after all these months akala ko ay tuluyan na siyang mawawala sakin.

I got scared that she would be taken away from me, although I had a faith with tita and tito pero paano kung pag gising niya ay hindi niya rin ako maalala? She also had a severe head injury that time, the doctors said na mukang may pinalo sa ulo nito na mukang metal, like a baseball bat.

"Impossible," I shook my head. "You're not real." Still denying it.

Tila nagdilim ang kanyang mga mata na nakatitig sakin at huminga ng malalim, humigpit narin ang hawak niya sa braso ko pero hindi naman to the point na mapapangiwi ako sa sakit. Tulalang nakatitig parin ako sakanya..

I am still processing everything in the moment, that my woman...my wife...finally she's here. I had so many questions left undone only to found out that she was willing to give up everything to me just so that she could beg me to be hers again. But she got manipulated, assaulted in physically and emotionally that even drag her mental health out, and in the end we both got betrayed by those people whom we thought that we could trust.

She almost died; I almost lost another person of mine. Mabilis lang nakakilos si Attorney Sandoval na mahanap siya, kung nahuli siya even for just a second she wouldn't be here in front of me now.

"Still denying the reality, Leigh?"

Lumapit ito sakin habang nanatili lang ako nakatitig sakanya, hindi kami nag putulan ng pagtitig sa isa't isa. Pero napasinghap ako nang bigla niya ako hilahin papalapit sakanya sabay hinawakan sa magkabilang pisngi at mabillis hinalikan sa labi, at mukang hindi lang ako nagulat sa ginawa niya dahil pati ang mga taong nanunuod samin ay may reaksyon.

"Now, are you still going to ask me if I'm real not just an illusion?"

"B-Blythe." My voice suddenly broke. I didn't hesitate anymore, I didn't even care if they are still staring at us. My hand sneakily went to grab her and pulled her for a long hug. I rested my face into her neck and started crying.

"I'm here... I'm here na mahal no one could ever hurt you again, okay? But first..." She took a paused for moment which made me face her. "Let's take you home... on our home."

I was just staring at her face, I was too damn scared that even for a just a second, even for just a one blink she would suddenly leave me hanging again. But then again, everything that she does gives her a breathtaking sight that I couldn't get enough.

"Saan tayo pupunta, Blythe? Itatanan mo na ba ako?" I innocently asked her which cause her to laugh.

"I will baby, I will, and no one could ever take me away from you over again." She firmly replied, while her hands are still on the wheels.