Bad Idea

Eric didn't kiss me. I wanted him to, but he didn't.

What stopped what I assume would've been a kiss, was the group of initiates that came rushing towards us, cheering that Four's team had won.

When Eric saw them, he responded by shoving me off of him and I fell crumbling to the ground.

I sat there in shock, wondering what had just happened, as Eric pulled the gun from his holster and flashed his famous smirk before shooting me in the leg.

I'd never been shot by a real gun, but I definitely believe that the bullets simulated real pain, as it was almost unbearable.

Shrieking in agony would be a sign of weakness, so I sat there on the ground grinding my teeth until Ames finally helped me up.

"Hey, we won!" He shouted.

I stood and pulled the bullet from my leg, simultaneously hissing in pain, "That's great. How did we even win? I was with Eric the whole time, I thought he had the flag."

"No actually they left Lucy with their flag," Ames laughed, "Eric must've just followed you all the way out here."

"Oh," I said.

Why would he have done that?

"Anyways, come on!" Ames shouted, "let's go catch the train."

I nodded and turned around at the last minute to look for Eric, but he was nowhere to be found.

Back on the train, I couldn't help but feel disappointed. The feeling of wanting Eric to kiss me was intense and demanding, but Ames and the other initiates had ruined it.

I hate Ames.

No, I didn't hate Ames but I hated that he interrupted something I didn't even know I wanted so badly.

I looked up from my bitter thoughts to shoot him an intense glare.

"What?" Ames asked innocently.

I shook my head but maintained my glare as I turned away from him.

Of course the next person to catch my eye was Eric who was smirking at me and biting his lip.

I quickly put my head down and avoided looking at him for the rest of the train ride.

Once we were back in the compound, the rankings were posted for the first stage.

Thankfully, Caterina, Ames, Kostas and I had done so well in our fights, that we were all pretty high in the ranks.

Kostas was tenth, Caterina was ninth, Ames was fourth and I was fifth.

Before us, were Angus in first, a dauntless born initiate named Matthew in second and Bates in third. His friends (Crow and Dimitri) were not far behind, at seventh and eighth.

I didn't pay attention to the other initiates' ranks, but I did take note that a certain name was in bright red.

Unfortunately for Marilyn, Lucy had beaten her so bad, that she was now factionless. I couldn't imagine beating my closest and only friend to the point they were out.

Every man for themselves I guess.

Once we all had a short celebration for passing the first stage, Caterina, Ames and most of the other initiates went back to sleep.

I however, was not tired at all so I decided to go do something.

Obviously hanging out with Rocco, Sasha, or MJ was out of the question, since they felt the need to chastise me for spending time with Eric, so I left in search of the tattoo shop.