They're Right

Against my struggles, Sasha and Rocco dragged me through the halls of dauntless to MJ's room. She was completely confused when the three of us came barging in, and sprung up from her seat on the couch, which I was pushed into.

"We were in the control room and we saw Alana leaving Eric's room and then kissing him outside the dorms," Rocco said, turning to MJ.

I could feel my face heating up like crazy. They all stood staring down at me, as I sunk further into the couch.

Their silence was terrifying, but their faces said everything that they weren't. Rocco's face clearly displayed anger and frustration, Sasha looked disgusted and MJ looked like she felt really sorry for me.

She was the first to speak, "Why would you do that Sweetie?"

I shrugged and looked down, feeling tears begin to swell in my eyes.

"I'll tell you why," Rocco shouted, "she's-"

"Rocco, why don't you go wait for us in the kitchen?" Sasha suggested, pushing him out of the room.

She took a deep breath and ran a hand through her hair, "I checked the tapes," she said, "you spent the night in his room."

"Because I was drugged and he was nice enough to help me," I whispered.

Sasha scoffed, "Nice?! He's not nice, I don't know what's going to make you realize that!"

"Don't yell at her," MJ said, "Look Alana I get that you're attracted to him and I know that it seems like you guys have this connection, but he's just trying to sleep with you."

I shook my head as tears clouded my eyes. I didn't want to sit and hear this anymore.

"You don't know that," I said softly.

"Yes I do," MJ sighed, "that's how Eric works. He doesn't get feelings for people, he doesn't have them. It's not like you're some special girl that's changing his ways, the only reason he's infatuated with you is because you're not giving it up."

Her words stung and I had to bite my lip in order to keep back even more tears.

"Thanks," I said sarcastically.

"I don't mean it to be harsh but it's true."

Sasha looked at me and nodded quickly.

I stood up from the couch and brushed a tear off of my face, "I'm leaving, I don't want to do this."

Just as I turned to leave, Rocco came out from behind a wall. He must have been listening.

"If you're not going to listen to us then don't bother coming around us," he said, "If you want to be a fucking idiot, then fine. As you've made clear, we have no say in your life, and we won't stick around to see you ruin it."

I quickly turned away from him as the rush of tears fled from my eyes. I slammed the door on my way out of MJ's place and walked briskly through the halls.

My chest felt tight and my breaths were short as I walked back to the dorms. I didn't get why they were so angry at me, I hadn't done anything that was wrong. They were overreacting and trying to dictate something that they had no control over.

Once I was back in the dorms, I laid down my bed. Being attacked by Sasha and Rocco had become a common occurrence and part of me didn't care that we were no longer amicable. At least it would mean that I would be left alone.

Almost as if I had jinxed myself, Caterina suddenly came over and sat down on my bed.

"So go ahead," she said, her voice taking on a new tone that I'd never heard from her before, "tell me why you lied about being with Eric."