Chapter 9: A Member Of The Boys Brigade Had A Date With The Boy Next Door.

Steve couldn't think of the right words to describe how he was feeling at the moment. There didn't seem to be a word for the emotion he felt towards Eddie, but he'd settled with elation, it felt like it fit the best.

After their conversation on the couch three nights before they had gone to bed, made out a little bit and fallen asleep in eachothers arms. He'd woken up in Eddie's arms every morning since then too and couldn't help the smile that had made its way sleepily onto his face when he saw Eddie was still fast asleep.

But they both needed to go to work, so he shook him gently and pressed kisses all over his face until he woke up.

"Morning" he mumbled sleepily, half smiling at Steve.

"We gotta go to work"

"Hmm" Eddie wasn't quite awake yet

"You wanna come shower with me?"

"Shower?" Eddie asked sleepily, rubbing his eye

"With me?" Steve chuckled

"Yeah, but can we stay here for five more minutes?"

"Don't really have time love" Steve kissed his face again "Come on" he jostled Eddie out of bed who was still not fully awake and led him to the bathroom where they stripped and climbed into the warm shower.

Eddie stood under the warm water resting his head on Steve's shoulder, blinking under the water trying to wake himself up a bit more.

Finally he yawned, stretching past Steve who was washing his hair and reached for the shampoo.

"Really need to bring some of my own stuff here" Eddie said "Can't keep walking around smelling like you all the time"

"Why not" Steve cracked an eye

"Because we have totally different smells" Eddie chuckled "And I don't feel like yours fits my totally macho 'spends all day working on cars' aesthetic"

Steve laughed, rinsing his hair.

"If anyone is getting close enough to you to smell your hair then you need to tell them where to go"

"It's okay, most people don't like the whole greasy mechanic look" he chuckles

"I for one am a big fan of the whole working man aesthetic" Steve was running conditioner through his hair now. "The first day I ever saw you I thought I was gonna have to pick my jaw up off the floor with my hands or something"

"Yeah Wayne mentioned the drooling"

"What? I was not drooling"

"I dunno you looked pretty flustered" Eddie was teasing him now.

"Shut up" He said "Turn around"

"What?"

"Just do it" He said, grabbing the soap and running it over Eddie's shoulders and back. Eddie's eyes went a little bit wide as he held his hair over his shoulder. This was... new... Steve was literally just washing his back but he... it was so gentle and such a sweet thing to do for someone. He bit his lip, trying not to cry. "You okay?" Steve wrapped his arms around his waist, kissing his shoulder gently. Eddie nodded, not trusting his voice.

"Yeah just got soap in my eye" He lied

"Smooth" Steve chuckled "But yeah, I was a little bit flustered the first time I saw you" He washed himself down and rinsed the conditioner out of his hair.

"You act like I wasn't, I was just better at hiding it than you were"

"You were?"

"Oh yeah, had to go sit down for a minute after you left" He chuckled "Something about seeing you all flushed went straight to my dick"