Chapter 16: Friday, I'm In Love.

The rest of their week in California with Robin and Violet passed without incident. They didn't go to any more bars, didn't even drink. Eddie felt bad, but was also grateful that his new friends were so understanding.

They had done things as a four, Steve and Eddie had done boyfriend stuff, he had even gone with Violet to get his nails done in a fancy salon because she was going. He had a blast and decided he was gonna have to learn how to do this properly because they looked amazing.

"You dirty goth" Steve said, inspecting his nails, shaped nicely and painted with black polish.

"You don't like them?"

"I love them" Steve laughed "But it doesn't matter what I think, it's whether you like them or not"

"I do"

"Then that's all that matters baby"

***

Pulling into Steve's drive felt so much like home now and Eddie was so glad to be back.

"I told Wayne I'd come see him when we got back" Eddie said "Y'know meet... meet my sister"

"You want me to come with you?"

"Please" He suddenly looked terrified.

"She's a sixteen year old girl, how bad can she be?"

"Have you met sixteen year old girls?"

"Yes I teach quite a few"

"They're terrifying"

"I'm sure she's great" Steve smiled and kissed the back of his hand.

***

Eddie was beyond nervous as they pulled up to the trailer. He could see the lights on, Wayne's truck parked up next to it. Eddie swallowed.

"I don't think I can do this Steve"

"Yes you can. I'll be right there with you, you're so much stronger than you know Eddie. Wayne's there too, it's going to be fine"

"Y-yeah" He rubbed his sweaty palms over the ripped denim of his jeans "Okay let's go before I bolt"

"Good boy" Steve hummed in his ear, he was hoping for a reaction and he got one. Eddie's head whipped around to stare at him, his pupils dilating massively. Steve grinned.

"You're gonna pay for that later you little brat"

"Can't wait" Steve bit his lip and grinned, before getting out of the car.

Eddie let them in with his key.

"Wayne?"

"Living room"

The two of them walked into the living room and that was the first time Eddie clapped eyes on his little sister.

They stared at each other for a minute.

Steve also stared.

Holy fuck she looked liked Eddie. Same hair colour, same curls cut into a shaggy wolf cut, kinda like she'd done it herself with a pair of kitchen scissors rather than going to a hair salon. Same nose, same deep, neverending eyes with a stare that was so intense it might burn a hole through you if you looked too long. What was even comically weird was that she was dressed very similarly to Eddie, boots, ripped jeans, a band shirt with W.A.S.P stamped on the front, and a dark blue flannel over the top.

Eddie spoke first.

"Hi"

"Hi" She replied softly.