Chapter Five: Nandini/Manik

Nandini

Aanchal aunty took care of the wedding preparations with the help of Ishaans wife who had came back the same day manik and Cabir visited. The Malhotra's didn't take much interest in the wedding, for them this was just a business deal and nothing else, even for uncle but They made it seem like a big wedding so it would be talk of the town.

It was decided that the wedding would take at the place of my parents mansion, where my mother and father were both killed. It was ironic that this was the place I would lose my life as well.

It was the day of the wedding as we stepped in to the mansion, it was cleaned well yesterday by the cleaners and decorated to be a wedding appropriate. I went upstairs with nyra to my mothers room; it was cleaned and made so the bride and the groom would use it to get freshen up or anything.

The wedding was going to simple yet big, me and manik were supposed to sign the contract marriage papers followed by a grand wedding reception party which would take place outside in the garden with lights and everything. My Aunty and Diya-ishaans wife had called stylist for me who was doing my hair and makeup but to be honest I hated all this, getting ready to possibly start another chapter of my life I didn't wish for. They layed out the dress on the bed it was red and green, very traditional and symbolic for an Indian wedding.

After about 45 minutes I was all ready and I was informed that Manik and his brothers too have arrived waiting downstairs, for now—the signing part it was only family members then after about 2 hours guests would start showing up for the main party.

"You look so beautiful di!" Nyra looks at me squealing as I smile.

"Really! Bohot hi khoobsurat lag rahi ho Tum Nandini!" Diya adds on, my Aunty looks at me and then proceeds to say something "bring her down in 10" she looks at diya and then leaves.

Nyra rolls her eyes looking at my Aunty as she leaves while diya looks at me "I'm sorry Nandini, you know mom she's just—"

"It's okay diya, don't worry" I shrug it off

"Why did you agree to this marriage Nandini? I swear if there's any pressure I'll go talk to ishaan I'll get you out of it even with 10 minutes left" Diya says, this was probably the 10th time in two days she has raised this topic.

"Cancelling the marriage today will be a slap on Cabir Malhotra's face and you know him...he isn't the one to show the other cheek he will seek revenge no matter what and I can't let anything like that happen" I tell diya she takes a deep breath.

"But that isn't fair to you Nandini, why should you be punished for something which was dads fault" she replies

"I guess life isn't always fair, and it has never been fair to me so I don't expect it to be any different...anyways can we let this go? Be happy with the last moments we got, with nyra" I say trying to change the topic, diya nods and comes over to give me tight hug. Oh I wish there was a way out of this, I really wish diya but I don't have a choice.

After 10 minutes Diya and Nyra took me downstairs, where everyone was seated on the sofa including the lawyer who had the papers for our marriage. I look to the other side where manik was seating with his three brothers, he was wearing a black suit while Cabir and the rest two were wearing a navy blue one. My heart catches up the speed as I see the person sitting beside my uncle, it was Vijay uncle—I took two deep breaths before going down avoiding him and his gaze as much as possible and I'm sure some of them may have noticed. I walk and stand near the sofas beside ishaan who stands up seeing me and grabs my hand pulling me closer to them.

"You seriously look really beautiful Nandini" he compliments me

"Thank you" I smile.

"Oh yes she does, gorgeous as ever" Vijay uncle speaks as I look away from ishaan, he was standing behind him and I didn't not want to look at him at all. I impulsively take a step back taking my hand away from Ishaan's. I could see manik and Cabir exchanging looks on the corner of my eye. I felt so uncomfortable that I just wanted to run away from there.