Chapter Fifty Two: Manik/Nandini

We reach back to our house and it was all empty, that's weird during this time everyone is home it was around 8 at night.

"Where is everyone?" Nandini looks at me.

"I'll call Cabir"

I called Cabir's number and he didn't pick in the first go so I called his number again and this was frustrating me.

"What's up Manik?" He sounded tensed.

"Where are you Cabir?" I ask him.

"I'm at home" he lies.

"Oh really? Doing what?" I ask to see if he lies again.

"Having dinner and watching the game" he says.

I was literally standing in the main room where the tv was. Why was he lying so much??

"Quit lying Cabir! I'm standing in our main room in front of the tv and you're invisible to me so now tell me what the hell are you I'm coming there!" I get pissed.

"We are on our way home" is all Cabir says and he hangs up.

"What is going on manik?" Nandini asks me.

"I don't know but he said they are on their way back"

We wait for everyone to come back, Nandini was spiralling but I told her it'll be okay.

Cabir comes through the door in hurry as we rush to him.

"Why are you guys back early?" He asks us.

"That's not important, what is going on cabir?! Why have you been lying to me?" I look at him.

He takes a deep breath as Ahaan, Kiara and Dhruv walk in.

"Where's aarav?" Nandini asks as she sees that aarav isn't with any of them.

"We don't know where aarav is" Ahaan comes next to me.

"What do you mean you don't know where aarav is?" I look at ahaan.

"He's missing" Cabir says "he went out 2 days ago for his exam, and he hasn't come home since!"

"Why the fuck haven't you told me this??" I get angry.

"Because I can handle it" Cabir says "and you both were on your honeymoon"

"Who cares! Nothing is more important than aarav, and clearly you aren't handling it well because you would've found him within hours"

"Enough manik! Don't talk to me in this tone" Cabir moves closer to me. "And stop acting like only Aarav matters for you, I've been stressing the past two days we all have! We have been trying our best"

Nandini holds my hand to calm me down. I take a step away from Cabir turning the other way.

"What have you got so far?" I ask Cabir.

"We just know that aarav has been missing from his school, his last text was to an unknown number threatening him—aarav told that unknown number to back off from his family and he knows who he is" Cabir tells me.

"Aarav's phone was found in a lake so we can't track him anyhow, we've been trying everyone is on it"

"Manik I—" Nandini was about to say something but Cabir cuts her off.

"We will find him soon though he will be okay" Cabir looks at Nandini and slightly shakes his head to which Nandini looks away with a tensed face. I ignore that.