Chapter Sixteen: Manik

"What's the update on her location?" I ask Ahaan as we walk out of the elevator to go out to our cars.

"Still looking, it's more difficult since she has turned off her phone from here" he tells me as he was constantly on a call with one of our men from the company.

We had asked kiara and aarav to go home as we didn't need

As we went through everyone who were still present in the gala, as we were walking we almost bumped in to Vijay—Nandini's distant uncle. Ahaan, Cabir and Dhruv and I look at him as he was trying to hide his face. He looked like he was frightened to see us here.

I furrow my eyebrows looking at him, his nose was bruised up and there was also some dried up blood around it.

"God bless whoever did that to your face" Cabir mocks him as Vijay's expression changes but it was a rather a relieved one like he was hiding something.

I just continued to look at him with a pissed off look and he was definitely intimidated by that.

"But they should've got your mouth" Dhruv adds on too. "Hoping it would cause a permanent damage so you can keep it shut forever"

"I don't have time for your guys's bullshit" he says and quickly walks away before any of us could say anything, I watched him walk away and there was definitely something suspicious. For the first time he didn't stop and fight back with us.

As we walk out to our cars I look at Cabir "Nandini was hurt according to Dhruv and that vijay uncle of hers also had a bruised nose"

"I was wondering that as well manik, and she's the most scared about him—that asshole definitely has something to do with all this" Cabir agrees with me.

"Should I fucking get him? I'll get him to talk" Dhruv interrupts

"No not now. If he's done something it won't be hard to get him right now we need to find Nandini" Cabir denies and I agree with him, I just needed Nandini safe back home that's it.

"Manik we got her location" Ahaan hands me the phone, I quickly grab and checking the location, it was some really undeveloped area. What the hell is she doing there?

"Send this to me on my phone" I walk over to my car telling the driver I'll drive as he hands me over the key.

"Manik do you want us to come?" Dhruv asks

"No. Let him go by himself, Nandini needs her husband right now, not us." Ahaan looks at me implying the things he had told me before how I needed to be there for her as a husband. I give him a slow nod indicating I know what he meant.

"Call us if you need anything" Cabir says, I nod and quickly drives away to the given location, why was she around that undeveloped area and the fact that she went there alone not caring for her own safety really meant she didn't want to face anyone right now.

Only if Nandini knew how much some people cared for her and wouldn't want anything to happen to her. Such as nyra, kiara and even has started to be attached to her. Even I cared for her, spending time with her almost everyday even if it was just in the kitchen or eating together or even a few moments before sleeping I felt good with her.

I speed up and luckily I found no traffic to the way, I just hope she didn't do something stupid and she's safe.

Finally after 20 minutes I reach the given location, I walk around but Nandini was no where to be seen, the place was empty and basically had no houses around too.

"Nandini!" I shout her name, hoping she could hear me.

I walk a little bit further but still she wasn't around, I spot a little lake and decide to look there just incase. "Nandini!" I call out again.