Chapter Fourty Four: Nandini

Manik moves closer to me on the couch holding my hand.

The way he was looking at me gave me butterflies. I didn't know what to do but I was so nervous at that point.

"Why is your heart beating so fast?" He asks me as his finger goes to my pulse rate.

Because of you duh!

"I-I don't know" I shrug my shoulders. "Must be because—"

"Because?" He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Because uhm I have to take my medicine and I'm stressed over that" I say.

He gives a small laugh "Way to ruin a moment, you're supposed to say because of me"

"You always make my heart face though, do I even need to say it?" I say.

"Yes you do" he stands up "I'll go get your medicines okay?"

I nod. He goes over to the bed to grab the box from the beside and comes back to me.

"I hate them, when do I have to stop taking them?" I ask him.

"One more week, it'll be over soon" he takes out the 3 medicines and hands them to me with a glass of water.

I take the medicines and put the glass of water on the table.

"Manik you seriously aren't mad at me anymore right?" I ask him.

"No baby I'm not, I was trying to tell you this today but we kept getting interrupted. I'm not mad at you anymore"

I smile at him. "Thank god, I didn't like you ignoring me."

"And you think I did? I was just really hurt seeing you book this stupid one way flight ticket thinking you can run away from me, and on top of that to find out that you took this decision because my mother said some words to you pissed me off even more" he tells me.

"I know, it was so stupid of me to do that. I was just uhm scared that I'd ruin things for you, obviously I wasn't thinking straight but I realised it straight after when you and everyone else was taking care of me so much, I thought how stupid I was to leave this behind just because someone who doesn't even know anything about family said a word or two" I explain myself to him.

"You could never ruin things for me Nandini, infect i'd be ruined without you." he holds my hand "No matter how far you would've went I would've brought you back closer to me"

"And also don't ever think about leaving me again" he says again.

"I will never I promise." I promise him.

"Good. By the way did I tell you how I proud I am of you today? Actually I've always been proud of you but today I'm extremely proud"

I chuckle "yes you've said it two times already"

"Okay well it's not enough, the way you handled the situation I just know my mother will think twice before trying anything like this again. Im so proud" he puts his hand on the back of my head pulling me closer to place a kiss on my forehead.

"I could only do it with you by my side" I smile. "Thank you. I cannot thank you enough!"

"I'll always be by your side." He assures me.

I go on to kissing both his cheeks even though my lips were still hurting from those punches. I close my eyes a little feeling a slight stinging pain.

"I know you're dying to kiss me baby but you no kisses until you are recovered" he tells me "only I'm allowed to give you some"

I wanted to ask him about the thing he said during when he was angry, when he told me he loves me. I didn't know how to ask him though.

Why is this so hard? We are so comfortable with each other I should just ask otherwise what if he never mentions it again?