Chapter Thirty Nine: Manik

Nothing else is bothering me other than you being upset" she tells me "tell me how can I fix this? Please I really want to"

I shift my body turning towards her.

"You want to fix this?" I look at her.

"Yes. So bad" she pleads

"Then give it some time, give me some time. The last thing I wanted was my mother getting in between us but you allowed it, you thought it was okay to just break us on the basis of what my mother said. She's selfish, she doesn't even know the true meaning of family and being there for each other in happy and difficult times. Of course she's going to make you think that" I explain it to her.

It was killing me too doing this to Nandini, but even now it's like she hasn't fully understood, I know I can sense it that somewhere she still had that doubt in her mind. I admit I was angry at her, and I can see she's trying her best to get me to talk to her but it's going to take some time from my side.

"I know. I shouldn't have let her get to me, the truth is I was scared that I'd be the reason that anything goes wrong in your life." She says. "But I understand that some things we cannot control, and problems are part of life but together we can overcome them, I'm sorry that it took me to hurt you to realise this, take your time. I'm here always"

She was starting to understand I guess, I just need her to keep this same confidence throughout. I won't lie, even though we have our mother she's too fucking smart. I know she'll create problems and try to hinder our lives, she's always done that but with us brothers we've faced it together and I want Nandini to feel the same about these situations, that if in future even if the biggest problem comes our way we will be together in this. When I told her I love her, I needed her to know I meant that.

I look away to my phone again, and she doesn't say anything as well now.

We reach back home, I decided to work from home even thought I hated working from home, I just wanted to keep an eye on Nandini, incase she wasn't feeling well or anything. It was my full responsibility to take care of her and I don't want to lack in that by even one bit.

"Nandini you're home! What did the doctors say?" Aarav sees us walk in.

"They said it's looking good" Nandini replies to him.

"Good, we've picked out a movie everyone's waiting for you in the theatre room" aarav says with excitement.

"Nandini needs to rest" I look at aarav.

"I'm fine, I want to watch the movie" she says which brings a huge smile on aarav's face, I knew she would say this even though she's tired. "Manik you should join us too"

"No" I reply. "I have to work"

"It'll be fun you can work in there while watching the movie" she suggests.

How can I say no to this beautiful face? As much as I was mad at her it was hard to resist, plus if I keep saying no the family members will know there's something wrong between us and I don't want them worrying.

"Okay" I agree as she gets happy.

We head up to the theatre room, as I see kiara and Dhruv already settled with their popcorn in their hand and the movie hasn't even started. Ahaan and Cabir were at our company handling all the meeting.

"Dhruv weren't you supposed to go in for work today?"
I ask him.

"I already finished all my pending work" Dhruv replies as I nod, good to see him taking his responsibility. I help Nandini to the couch, which had a recliner so she could put her legs out rather than crossing them.