Chapter Nineteen: Nandini

We entered the a famous Mexican restaurant, it was one of the best around here and personally Mexican food was my favourite I don't remember the last time I've had it.

This was a very famous restaurant so there wasn't any surprise that everything was full and I did tell manik to book a table but he didn't!

"Manik I told you. You should've booked a table, dekho everything is full it's all booked out" I say to him sadly looking at him.

"Relax baby, there's so such thing as booked out for us" he says confidently smirking, I roll my eyes at that I mean as if they will just tell someone to get up while eating just for us.

The manager came and greeted us personally, he shook Manik's hand and bowed his head slightly turning to me giving me a polite smile.

"Your wife is stunning, Mr Malhotra" he compliments.

"She is" manik drawled as I gave a smile.

He lead to us to a private cubicle which was next to the window and it gave out such a pretty view. He handed us the menu and excused himself as we looked through it.

I was so excited to eat Mexican food, I browsed through the menu and I decided to get an enchilada, it used to be my and nyras favourite growing up.

I looked up from my menu as I saw manik staring at me, it made me nervous in a good way I guess.

"What happened?" I ask him as I didn't see him move take his eye off me even though I looked up.

"You read the menu while smiling throughout" he says

"Yes! Because I love Mexican food so much, the whole menu looks so good" I tell him with excitement.

"We can order everything on the menu if you want" he says as I laugh at that but when I saw the seriousness on his face I stopped laughing and looked at him.

"You aren't serious are you?" I raise my eyebrows

"I am very much serious, they will do it"

"No how am I going to eat the whole menu, I mean if I don't eat for a month and then come back but other than that it's a waste of food" I tell him, he seemed like he was disappointed by that it's like he did want me to eat the whole menu today.

One of the waiter comes asking for our order for today "what can I get you today Mr and Mrs Malhotra?"

Manik looks at me waiting for me to order first

"Can I please get an Enchilada please and also a Diet Coke" I tell them.

"Sure" he says and notes it down then looks at manik

"I'll have Mexican rice and quesadillas please" manik says politely as the waiter takes our menu and leaves from there.

I cant believe I was on a date with manik right now, I mean not even once I thought I would be on a date with him especially after he told me to keep distance on the first day of our wedding but things did change and I'm glad it did.

"I'll ask my two questions for the day while we wait" he says as he puts his phone on the side.

"I thought we were only asking them until you knew what happened to me in the past and now you already know so—"

"No it was actually to get to know each other, we haven't entirely yet" he cuts me off.

That was true and I barely knew much about Manik's past which I wanted to know mainly seeing their hatred towards their mother but I don't think it's a good idea to ask him about that today.