𝟐𝟎. 𝒀𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 & 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒐𝒔

You show me love then spit in my face
Making your money off all of my pain
You put an eagle inside of a cage
And you think I'm not strong enough to escape
But I refuse to let you make me feel like I can't fly
Not only will I soar again, I'll own the fucking sky,
So I put my middle finger up
I'm done being your slave
My generation's had enough
And you should be afraid
Oh-whoa, oh, not your prisoner
Oh-whoa, oh, better listen when I say
I put my middle finger up
I'm done being your slave

My heart is pounding within my chest. In the silence and darkness I begged for my shaky breath not to give me away. Yet I had enough time to focus and keep steady. Prepare myself for what is coming. The dimness of the small light of the lamps lighting up our path made me feel like I am the one becoming a prisoner. My stomach twisted and turned, thinking of the high price I'd have to pay for my betrayal. I played with lives at risks. I played with fire and I know that one day I will burn myself. The deeper we walked inside the cold dungeon, the more I forced myself to shut it all out. Shut it all down and mask every emotion trying to come to the surface. My gaze went to Kirigan that was walking in front of me in a strong, steady pace. His broad, strong shoulders seemed tense. His whole body posture seemed tense and I had to hide my fear at this view of his. Out of nowhere he turned his head over his shoulder.

"Has he talked?" he asked Zoya in a gravelly voice. I turned my head to her as she gave me a quick look and focused her eyes back on the General.

"A lot of lies." she sighed, informing him. "Ivan is with him."

Kirigan hasn't said a word as he directed his stare back front, keeping his strong pace. I saw Zoya move to the side, placing her hands behind her back as she came to an halt. Kirigan slowly came to an halt himself, inhaling deeply as he rose his head up and I moved to stand aside, next to Zoya, placing my hands behind my back to help me keep a straight posture. When I looked in front of me, I saw Arken, tied up on a wooden chair. His wrists tied strongly to the armchairs, even wrapped around his torso, tied to the back of the chair. He seemed in panic as soon as he saw the Generals tall, dark figure stand in front of him. The setting reminded me of when Inej and I attacked him in his home, tying him up. I sigh, shaking that thought off. Arken had blood on his face and Ivan stood beside him with a straight mimic, hands placed in front of him with a strong posture. The energy is tense, the whole place is now filled with tension and smelled of blood and fear.

"I've been swindled!" Arken instantly threw in. "Hoodwind!" his voice shook as he looked between Ivan and the General.

"My guards tell me that they caught you fleeing the scene of the crime." Kirigan calmly informed.

"Yes, I followed them!" Arken declared in panic.

"Followed whom?" Kirigan asked in a slight mocking demeanor. As if he is expecting him to throw in stories and lies, brabbling on with nonsense.

"They come from the other side of the Fold!" Arken said in a brittle voice. "From the start, they seemed, just, a bit off to me, so when they left our stage, at the fete, I followed them to see what they were up to, and at the time that I walked into that room...saints...it was...unspeakable..." he has told but General Kirigan just listened with raised eyebrows and giving him an nod as if believing him and even that he did in a mocking way. I looked back to Arken and his eyes were placed upon me.

My mouth slightly opened to breathe in as I raised my head a bit higher, pretending to not notice it.

"So I ran, I.."

"How much of that is true?" Kirigan raised his head, facing Ivan that stood beside Arken, not paying Arken any further attention.

"He did cross the Fold with the others. The rest were lies." Ivan informed Kirigan.