𝟐𝟕. 𝑺𝒏𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝑨𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝑭𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔

... God, please save me

It's been so hard lately
It's just on and on
It's driving me crazy
Just get picked apart
It's hard being lazy
Like you would know
...

 Feel like Lightman when you lie to me (when you lie)

Can't trust a soul, I'm dealing silently, silently
We fall out like leaves on autumn trees (but it's falling down)
Wish I could be what I ought to be, ought to be
... Wanna be myself
I don't wanna fuck around, just wanna be myself
You should probably settle down, a warning to your health
Focused on my freedom like I'm locked inside a cell
...

See it to believe it while believing in a spell

Dreaming only deepened all my feelings in the well
Keeping all my secrets, never speaking on the hell
Left me here in pieces, they retreated when I fell, oh-yeah

Ivan pulled me with him and swinged me inside the tent. I heard voices chattering and I began to listen as I slowly make my way through the entrance, carefully to not disrupt the conversation. It didn't take me long to realize who's voice I am hearing being present with Alina in the tent.

"I need to get word to the King about Kirigan." Alina urged.

"The King's been taken ill." Genya's voice replied. "His affliction is quite serious. The Apparats been ruling in his stead." Genya informed Alina calmly.

"And the Queen?" Alina asked.

I slowly and silently approached closer, standing behind Genya, Alina didn't seem to notice me. I narrowed my eyebrows and squinted my eyes when I looked Genya up and down. She was wearing a red Kefta, with fur around the collar and dark blue embroidery on the back and along the bottom.

"Confided to her quarters." Genya answered Alina. "No one wants her exposed to the King's contagion."

"Right..." Alina looked Genya up and down as well, narrowing her eyebrows as well. "You were made Corporalnik?" she asked, sensing something.

My eyes followed Genya strictly as I crossed my arms in front of my chest and caught Alina's gaze. I sighed. Waiting for my presence to be noticed. I followed every move of Genya, I was happy to see her and just waited for her reaction when she would notice me, however it did seem odd to me that she is now wearing the Corporalnik Kefta..

"Hm.. I never did like this color red." Genya said in a joking demeanor as she takes off her coat. "It clashes with my hair." she said, smiling and she turned to place the fur hat and her red coat on a chair, she faced me, and she went pale. Pale as snow. I was confused by her reaction and my smile I had when she saw me faded away.

"What?" I asked. "Aren't you happy to see me?"

"Of- of course I am happy to see you, Raven.." Genya stuttered and her gentle smile plastered on her lips suddenly didn't seem so genuine as it did before.

I don't understand..I expected more merriment being united again despite the circumstances.

"You said Kirigan gifted you to the Queen when you were 11." Alina suddenly spoke up as she focused her stare on Genya and Genya turned herself back to face Alina, nervously fiddling with her fingers in front of her belly.

I let my arms fall to my side as I walked in further, coming next to Alina with my back turned on Genya. Genya. A Corporalnik. In a red Kefta. Suddenly here. I sighed closing my eyes and gulping down the lump in my throat when a thought occured my mind that I did not want to believe.

"Does that mean..." Alina continued and I could feel her stopping herself from speaking and reconsidering her thoughts. "You were a spy to him.." Alina finally put together her thoughts and let her shoulders hang in disappointment.