Chapter 7

(Author's note: The entire book is available on Patreon

(Author's note: The entire book is available on Patreon. Head to my Patreon account to read the full book, username: shaziyakhanwrites. Follow me on insta for fun reels of my books, username: shaziyakhanwrites. Any grammar or spelling mistakes, point them to me politely, thank you!)
~~

Are people really born innocent? Was I really an innocent child before I was caught in his clutches. We are both the same, him and I. Nurtured from the same evil, yet we carried different essences. He was born evil, an anomaly, whereas I was thrust into it, without a choice, without a say... I am unable to escape Ethan's clutches.

- Lucas
~~

"There's a reason I am entrusting you with this. Do you understand?"

"Si (Yes...)," Once off the line, Lucas slid his cellphone back into his pocket, before hitting the brakes sharply.

Resting his head against the steering wheel of the car, parked across the vast building of the club, he cursed under his breath. He hated having to be a chaperone, but what he hated even more were the things he was thrusted into, without a choice or say, turning him into a monster that he was. He hated his life...

"Where is he?" Lucas inquired cutting straight to the point, not in the slightest mood to entertain his so-called friends.

Dante shrugged casually, hardly taking his eyes off of the beer in his hand. Bruno on the other hand was sensible enough to actually speak.

"He left out the door as soon as we arrived."

"You let him go? Alone?" He gestured with his hands around him, pointing at the mess, undoubtedly a work of art left behind by Ethan.

"Hey!" Dante began arguably, his speech slurred and voice groggy, "We are not his watchdogs to follow him around everywhere. He's a grown man, and nobody can dare lay a finger on him, remember?"

"Shit!" Lucas cursed for the nth number of times since morning. There was always some mess left to handle, left to take care of. Because of him, Ethan Russo.

It didn't take a genius to know where he was headed to. Even in his drunken state, he couldn't forget her. From the mess all around him and the news from Alexander about what went on between him and Ethan, he knew exactly where he was and what he was going to do.

Goosebumps littered his arms as beads of sweat started to smear the back of his neck. The kind of fear he could have never thought to experience embraced him like a whip, lashing at him and cutting through him. A feeling of trepidation washed over him like the first wave of tsunami. He froze for a quick second before his limbs began to shake. Even reaching for his phone seemed like an impossible task at that moment. By the time he did get his hands on his device, there was no hesitance as he dialed the number that he knew was the only way to help him out, help her out.