XXVII

-Are you scared of a teenage girl? Loosen the goddamn handcuffs., repeated the woman.

The officer rolled his eyes and did as told. That's when a man showed up.

-I am here. What is going on?, asked Holt.

-Sir, we're the one who called you this afternoon. That is Millie Bobby Brown. I'm Sadie Sink., said the redhead, still struggling  with the tight handcuffs.

-Yes, I remember you two. Your voices. Why are they handcuffed?, asked the man to his officers.

-The redhead had guns and a knife on her. Her friend tried to protect her., explained the man who was holding Sadie.

-Sadie, do you have a permit to use firearms?, asked Holt.

-Yes, I do. And I know that those aren't mine but it was self defense. I was protecting myself and my friends from those men. I only ever fired the guns when there wasn't any other option. If there are consequences for that, then so be it. But Millie and the others had nothing to do with it., explained Sadie quickly, making sure to show the captain that she was serious.

-Okay. Good. Officers, let them go., ordered the man.

-But sir-, tried one of the officers.

-Let them go. Now., repeated Captain Holt.

And just like that, the handcuffs were removed from Sadie and Millie's wrists.

-Sir, do you maybe know where our friends are? And my sister?, asked Sadie, hoping that they're okay.

-We caught some teenagers over there. Follow me., said the man as he started walking towards a building.

They walked inside and Sadie let out a sigh of relief when she saw her sister hugging Teagan tightly. She ran up to them both and wrapped her arms around them.

-Thank god., said the redhead, ignoring the fact that Teagan doesn't like hugs.

-Sadie, you scared the shit out of us., sighed Teagan, enjoying the hug though.

Millie was currently hugging Lilia.

-Wait, Mills, you're bleeding., frowned Jillian.

-Get this girl some medical attention. Now., ordered Holt.

Some men nodded and walked away. Sadie pulled away and smiled softly.

-Thank you for keeping Jacey safe, T., said Sadie, thanking her best friend.

-Of course., nodded Teagan with a smile.

Some men showed up to take care of Millie's scratch and then she remembered Sadie being shot for her.

-Wait, she's also hurt.,pointed Millie out as she called Sadie over.

-We will take both of you to a hospital. Your friends will also be transported to the hospital for a check-up., said Captain Holt, walking to an ambulance with the two.

<TIME SKIP TO A FEW DAYS LATER>

Margot hadn't been caught. She somehow managed to escape. Sadie was still in hospital, while Millie was now on her way home to her father. She arrived, being angry.

-Millie, god I am so glad to see you home., said the man but Millie was furious.

-How could you?! Listen, father, I am going to grab some of my stuff and then I'm out of here. I do not want to see you right now. If you got a problem with it, just remember that I could still tell the cops what you did., said the brunette, walking past him and starting to pack.

The father didn't know how to react so he just stayed out of her way. Millie then took a cab to the hospital again as she saw Sadie walking out. She didn't have any money with her so she would have had to walk to her place. Millie made the cab stop next to her.

-Sades! Get in!, yelled Millie from the other side of the street.

Sadie saw her and chuckled. She walked up to the car and got in. 

-Hi Mills., smiled Sadie.

-What's your address?, asked the brunette.

The older girl gave her address to the driver and he started the car again.

-Why are you not with your father?, asked the redhead.

-I don't want to stay with him anymore., shrugged the younger girl.

-Yeah well, I get that. So where are you staying?, asked Sadie, being curious.

-Well, I'm going to the place that my grandma left for me., smiled the brunette.

-Oh, that's nice., nodded the redhead.

-Yeah., smiled Millie as they were arriving at Sadie's place.

-Well, this is me. I'll see you around?, said the redhead, unsure.

-Damn, you're not inviting me inside?, pouted Millie.

-I would, but it's a mess in there. And I do not want you to meet the dude who owns the apartment., explained the older girl.

-Please?, said Millie, hoping it would work.

Sadie sighed and nodded, getting out and waiting for Millie to get out as well. Sadie then turned around, seeing Jillian, Lilia, Teagan and Olivia.

-What are you doing here?, asked the redhead confused.

-You're moving in with me. They're here to help you move your things out., smiled Millie.

-What? No. I can't. Millie, I can't accept that., said Sadie.

-Yes, you can. You saved our lives. Please let us help you., replied the brunette.

Sadie sighed.

-Are you sure you want to live with me?, asked Sadie, not sure about it.

-Yes. Plus, since Margot is still out there, I'd feel safer with you around me. Please?, pleaded Millie as she smiled softly.

-Okay. Okay, fine. But this is only temporary until I find a better place and a better job. Okay?, replied Sadie, looking at the brunette.

-Sounds good to me, yeah., nodded Millie, although she hoped that Sadie would change her mind and not leave her.

-Okay. How are we moving everything out?, asked the redhead.

-I got my dad's van. We put as many things in there as possible and then drive to Millie's place. Easy peasy., replied Teagan, showing her the keys of a vehicule.

-Alright then. Let's do this I guess., nodded Sadie, taking her key out and going up the stairs to her apartment.

It was a mess to say the least and not hygenic.

-I don't want anyone judging. This place sucks, I know, but it gave me a roof over my head when I needed one., sighed the redhead, looking down.

Millie smiled softly and grabbed her hand.

-No one is judging. Let's get you out of here, yeah?, smiled the brunette, not letting go of her hand.

The girls started putting her stuff in the van and driving it to Millie place while Sadie continued packing her clothes with Millie's help.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////A/N: sorry its been a while, this story is almost to an end! a few more chapters to go!