twenty

I walked out of the Yoga room. I saw Charley walking down the hall with hunched shoulders so I followed him.

"Hi Charley.. I'm James.. Jamie" I smiled.
"Hi Jamie" He said.

"How are you feeling today?" I asked.

"I don't know.. they won't let my mom come see me" he said.
"I wouldn't want my mom to see me this way.. Charley.. let's get better and happy before seeing our mom. I bet if mine saw me this way, she would be more worried" I smiled.

"Why? You're beautiful" He said.

"No.. no I'm.. I haven't looked at the mirror for three weeks now, but I looked like you when I first got it and I didn't like it one bit.. my mom wouldn't" I laughed embarrassed.

"You look pretty now.. do you ever regret taking drugs?" He asked.

"If I hadn't started I would be with my family right now so yet but I don't wallow in regret.. I think about the future and I'm going to start believing in Bernie's words.. what's three months to forever of freedom?" I said.

"Let's get out of here together and start new lives"He held my hands.

" It's going to fine Charley.. I promise.. we'll make it"I hugged him.

" Thank you so much"He whispered and I could feel how wet my shoulders were but I patted his back.

Fuck cocaine. I'm going to get treatments.
****

" I'm going to go back to medical school and get a license. I'm going to be a therapist"I smiled.

"that's a good one"Nelson nodded.

" Is it hard? Being a therapist? "I asked.

"No but if you fall from there and break your neck.. it's going to be a hard fall" he looked up at me.
I was standing on his seat because for some reason I wanted him to look up at him.
I felt like he was staring at my soul whenever he looked at me with his black eyes.
I tried to jump to his table and fell down.

"Are you okay?" He asked.
"I didn't break my neck" I giggled.

"Do you feel pains on your legs?" He asked pressing my ankle.
"My ankles" I nodded.

"I'll help you to sit down, put your hands around my neck.
I clung my arms around his neck, his arms winding around me. My breath felt unsteady as his cologne filled my nostrils.
I wondered how it would feel with him inside me.
Hot. Tight. Full.
My senses came back as he dropped me on the seat and I found myself staring at his exquisite black eyes that made me feel I was hit by a land to air missile..

" At least you didn't break your pretty neck"he said breathlessly.

I pushed him away and stood on my legs immediately because if I didn't get out of here right now I would kiss him.
" I'm fine"I said almost embarrassed at the stupefying strong urge to crush his mouth against mine which had held me spellbound for what I hoped was seconds.

" But... "He began.

I'm fine" I forced a laugh and ran out of the office.