Chapter Seven

GRAVE'S POV
Chris paced back and forth, mumbling to himself. He was at war with himself; let Ghost go, or track him down. He finally grabbed his car keys.

"Im going to find him, you can come with me if you want." He had made up his mind. We went into the garage and got in the car. He peeled out of the driveway, and hit the road fast.

"Chris, I bet he's okay. He probably just needs some time." I assured him. He shook his head.

"No, I know him too well. He wouldn't leave like this. He always tells us where he will be." Chris was in absolute panic mode and driving like a mad man. He was going over 100mph through the rain. Finally the car came to a screeching halt in front of Ghosts house. We saw him walking in with several bags of groceries. Chris jumped out and ran up to him.

"Devin, what the hell is going on?" He shouted through the sound of the rain pounding on the ground. Ghost kept walking and Chris yanked him by his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I can't do this anymore." Ghost shrugged Chris' hand off of his shoulder and proceeded to walk up to his door.

"What do you mean? Ghost, you've been with us for years!" Chris shouted. Ghost dropped the bags and turned around.

"I did something bad, and you may have killed Thanatos, but I know something bigger is coming. I can feel it, and it's because of me. I summoned him to come to you. I was jealous and angry, and now I can't be man enough to see the consequences." Chris was frozen at his explanation. He stumbled as he backed up. He knew.

"She's alive... She is alive and she is coming after my wife because of you!" Chris pushed Ghost to the ground and got on him. He punched him across the face and Ghost grabbed his nose in pain. I jumped in and pulled Chris off.

"You have my wife a fucking death sentence!" Chris yelled as he tried to pull away from me. I held on as tight as I could.

"Chris! It's fine! We will fight it, just like we always have." I told him. He shook his head.

"No, I'm sick of it. I'm sick of fighting it and I'm sick of you being ripped away from me. I wish I had never fucking met you, in fact. I wouldn't have to go through any of this shit." I took a step back, stunned at the words he had just said. "No, I didn't mean it, hold on." He grabbed my hand and I pulled away.

"I'll catch the next flight out and send you papers." With that I walked away and called Ryan, who had just left from Ghost's, and asked her to pick me up. I was silent the whole way, and booked my flight back to my dads.

"Grave, you don't have to do this. He didn't mean it." Ricky begged me to stay as I packed all of my bags. I knew I was causing too much trouble, I had to leave.

"Ricky, you don't understand. I keep hurting all of you. I can't do it anymore. You all deserve normal lives, without the knowledge of demons and vampires and angels. I'm sorry you ever had to find out." I apologized as I walked past him. I loaded my suitcases in the back of the Uber and then got in the back. Chris was blowing up my phone, but I ignored every call and text. I put my phone on airplane mode and put in my headphones. I didn't know how to feel. I was confused.

CHRIS' POV
Ghost stood up right as Ryan picked Grave up. I knew he had some smart ass remark in his head, but he held back. That is until he said, "you fucked up". I scoffed and turned away, walking back to my car. How do you even fix this? I was lost. That's when she showed up. She placed her hand on my shoulder and I looked down to see her tattooed hand with long black nails gripping my shoulder tight.

"There's no way, Thanatos killed you." I mumbled. She tightened her grip and I turned around. Something was different, she was angry, but not at Thanatos. She gripped my throat.

"You killed me, my own support." Her grip tightened as she threw me down to the ground. "Then, you killed my husband, Thanatos, thinking you could get away with it? Not on my fucking watch." Her teeth were gritted so hard that I thought they were going to break. Her black hair hung over my face as I fought to get her off of me.

"What are you talking about!" I shouted. "Thanatos killed you! He ripped out your heart, do you not remember? He killed you and took Grave from me!" Desi stood there for a few seconds, confused almost, and just like that she was gone.

"I have to go, I have to go chase Grave. She's in danger." I told Ghost as I ran to my car. He ran behind me.

"This is my fault, take me with you." He begged. I shook my head. I couldn't put him in that danger.

"No, I have to do this. Stay here with the band and keep them calm. Don't tell them anything." I slammed my car door and sped off towards the airport, hoping she hadn't gotten on a flight while Desi distracted me. I knew exactly where she was headed, and it wouldn't be good. No one had told her dad yet that she was alive, and I knew I was going to be in deep shit when he finds out.

When I got home Ricky was pacing the porch, worried. I knew she was gone, I couldn't smell her anymore.

"Chris, I'm sorry I tried to talk to her, but she wouldn't stay. She left." Ricky had tears in his eyes, as did I. He grabbed on to me and hugged me tightly. I cried as I hugged him back, it hurt. She was gone, but not because she was ripped away. No one took her this time, she left because of me. I hurt her.

GRAVE'S POV
When the flight landed I got a ride to my dads house. I wasn't sure if anyone had told him what had happened, so I expected a bit of shock from him. I took a deep breath as I rang the doorbell. I could hear the dogs barking, and my dad trying to hush them but to no avail. He opened the door and froze, almost speechless like he had seen a ghost.

"Grave?"