Part 1

Headlights make the falling snow glow in the night. Snow crunches beneath the tires, leaving tracks. The city lights glow across the face of a man, tiredly driving. He pulls into a Starbucks parking lot, hoping they aren't closed. The clock in his car reads 8:58. He parks, and hurries to the door. He pulls the handle and walks in. He hears soft music playing, and the delightful smell of coffee flushes over him. Off in the distance, he hears glass cups being handled by a girl. He walks over to the counter and says a quiet,

"Hello."

The girl jumps and looks behind her. The cups fly out of her hands and come crashing down on the floor.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" He says.

"No, you're fine sir, I'm sorry." She says, flustered.

She stares into his warm chocolate eyes. He takes her in as well. Her delicate frame, soft pink cheeks, sea green eyes, brown wavy hair down to her waist, topped with a grass green cap with the company logo on the front. She was beautiful.

"Can I get you something sir?" She asks him, still blushing from what just happened.

"Yeah, can I just have a glass of milk and a brownie? And please, let me help you clean that up?" He says. She smiles slightly and says,

"No, really, it's fine. You didn't mean to. I should have been paying more attention. Your total is $4.84."

She hands him a brownie and gets a glass of milk for him. He pays her, sets the drink and brownie down on a table and walks around the counter to the smashed dishes.

"I insist." He softly says.

She gets a tray and broom. He kneels down and she hands him the tray. She kneels down in front of him and sweeps the glass into the tray. He secretly takes another look at her. She's wearing a name tag that reads "Brielle". She looks at him and blushes. When the glass is all swept up, they stand. She throws the glass in the trash can and he goes back to the table with his milk and brownie.

"Thank you, um..." She stumbles over the fact that she didn't catch his name.

"Adam. Adam Young." He says, finishing her sentance.

"Adam..." She says with a smile.

"I'm Brielle. Brielle Johnson." She adds.

"That's a beautiful name." Adam says.

"Thank you." '

He eats his brownie and looks at the time.

"I'm sorry! I shouldn't have kept you here for this long, you have to close up." He chirps over to her after standing up.

"Oh no, really, it's fine. I have to eat my dinner anyway." She says taking a seat at a table a few away from him. He grabs his glass and walks over to the table.

"May I?" He asks.

"Of course." She says with a bite of her sandwich in her mouth.

"Sorry." She adds.

"No, you're good." Adam replies. They sit in silence for a few minutes, and then they get talking for hours. She finally looks at her phone. 12:47.

"Woah! It's almost 1 o'clock Adam. How long have we been talking?"

"A long time apparently." He says yawning.

"You have to close up. Your boss won't be mad at you, will he?" He asks.

"No, I doubt it. But yes, I need to get home." She says standing.

They both walk out of the door and she locks up.

"It was really great talking to you, Adam." She says walking over to his car with him.

"Yeah! It was great. I had a lot of fun." He shyly says.

"Well, I'll see you soon Adam. Drive safe." She says.

"Thanks, you too." He says getting in. He starts the car and drives away, gripping tight the piece of paper with her number on it.

"I am Adam Young, I'm 22, and I just met the most beautiful girl I've ever set eyes on." He repeats to himself, just to make sure it's real.