Part 3

"Applebee's?" Adam asks as he turns the key and starts the car.

"Sure! I love that place." Brielle says buckling her belt. He pulls out of the driveway and starts down the road. Brielle looks out of the window at something. Adam turns his head to look at her. He smiles faintly, and looks back at the road. He gasps, slams on the breaks, and turns the wheel. The world stops. Everything feels like it's moving in slow motion.

Adam opens his eyes. He's in a white room. Beeping pours into his ears. He tries to move, but he can't.  Tubes are in his nose, arms, and stomach. His arms are in casts, and his neck is braced. He blinks a few times, trying to remember what happened... Brielle! He thinks. He opens his mouth, but quickly closes it because of the immense pain he feels. He blinks more, letting streams run down his cheeks. He chokes on his tears.

He eventually calms down, and the door creaks open. He lays his head back down and pretends to be asleep. He hears a nurse wheel a wheel chair in. He hears Brielle gasp and her hands clasp over her mouth. 

"Adam? Wake up. There's someone here to see you." The nurse says. Adam just lies there, pretending to be disconnected from the world he loves. 

"I'm sorry dear, he must still be out." The nurse says.

"Do you mind if I just wait here, incase he wakes up?" Brielle asks between breaths. 

"Of course. Ring the bell if you need anything." The nurse softly says, and leaves the room. Adam is taunted by her constant sobbing. She takes a big breath, and he feels her cold hand cup over his own. His body comes alive, shivers running up and down from head to toe.

"Adam, please don't leave me. I need you Adam. Please." She says hysterically crying.

"Adam..." She quietly whispers. 

"Adam, you have to pull through. It's all my fault, I'm so sorry. The amount of pressure this accident has put on me is so overwhelming. If you don't make it, I won't either. If you go, I'm going with you." She says, still crying. 

"You're not going anywhere." Adam sofly whispers. Brielle snaps her head up, and her eyes widen. His grip on her hand tightens, and he slowly opens his eyes. A smile grows on her face, and tears stream down her pink cheeks.

"Shh." He ways wincing. He reaches his arm out, no matter how much pain it caused him, and wipes her tears away. 

"How much did you hear?" She asks.

"All of it." He says closing his eyes again.

"No, don't leave me again Adam." She says in a panic.

"Brielle, I'm not going anywhere." He reasure's her. She calms down, and tells him what happened. Tears roll down his cheeks as she explains. 

"So, I've been in here for two days?" He asks. She nods.

"You got most of the blow. I'm so wishing it was me and not you." She says looking at the ground. 

"Hey, don't say that." He says. She takes it back, and she tells him more about her life. 

"And, they got married, and he abused me. I hated him. I couldn't wait to move out. Then, 3 years later, he got cancer. My mom got really depressed and suicidal. So, I was the one to do everything while they would lay around in bed all day. One day, he got really badly ill, and I had to take him to the hospital. When we came home, we found her in a pool of her own blood." She stopped, and pointed to her wrist. 

"That was the worst night of my existence. He did things to me I've never told anyone. After he calmed down and quit doing what he was doing to me, I ran and locked myself in my bedroom, plotting out how I was going to do it. I was about to step off the chair when he busted through my door. He pulled me down, put me on his shoulders, threw me out of our 5 story appartment building window, and watched me fall. The next morning, I woke up in the hospital. They gave me the worst and best news ever: he was dead, and I was being put into foster care. I was only fifteen, and I was terrified. I begged if I could just get a job and support myself, but they said no. The next month after I healed, I was put up for adoption." She says, letting Adam gather his thoughts. After a minute, she continues.

"A month later, I was taken in by an amazing husband and wife. They couldn't have children, so they got me. They gave me everything I ever needed. To this day, I call them mom and dad. They gave me a life I never thought I'd have." She says smiling, tears trickling down her cheeks. 

"Wow. I didn't think before when you said your life was rough, it would be that rough." He says. she nods.

"They homeschooled me, to make things easier for me. I just love them so much." She says.

'"And I'm sure they love you just the same." Adam says.

"Summers were always the best. We did so many things in the summer." She says, nostalgia flooding over her. Adam smiles at her.

For the next week, Adam and Brielle swap stories from their childhood, laughing and crying with each other. Adam is finally released from the hospital with a broken leg, and arm. His neck brace had come off, and his right hand  healed quickly.

"So, how about that Applebee's lunch?" 

Authors Note: 

Hey guys! So, I've never really talked to you like this before. My name is Greer, and I love Adam Young. Adam has been in my life for almost 2 years now, and it's been amazing. Anyway, enough about me! 

How are you guys liking the story? This part was actually just one big mistake. I wasn't thinking (a trick my Creative Writing teacher taught me) and my hand kind of did the writing. It's a very big twist in the story, I know. I have no idea how the next part is going to be... no clue. But, I'll upload it as soon as I can! I'm trying to make Adam and Brielle's relationship go as slow as possible, but that's very difficult.

I really appretiate all of you out there reading this. It means a lot.

I'm going to start another story on here that I wrote for my Facebook page, Owl City Love. It's called "Beautiful Mystery". I think I have like five parts written already. I'm not sure when I'll be posting that, but it should be soon. Anyway, yeah... alright, well, I'll talk to you guys soon! <3

P.S. 

For those of you that may be going through a rough time yourselves, I'm always here for you. I care a lot about you guys. Just message me, and we'll talk! :)