Chapter Two

≫ ──── ≪◦ ❈ ◦≫ ──── ≪

These past four days was a blast. My father made sure to come home from two o'clock until five o'clock to take me somewhere for the afternoon. We went to the London Zoo and to the Marine World, then to a Michael Jackson concert with Morag, Isobel and Mandy. And yesterday he took us to the Big Ben.

Although it was only from Saturday to Tuesday, it was the most I have seen my father in the summer.

Today we were supposed to be going to Diagon Alley to get my new school books and some money at Gringotts.

We were currently sitting in the TV room, waiting for my father to come from the Ministry. He was supposed to take us and help the Granger family with their money.

He was an hour late. Suddenly the telephone rang, and mum stood up to answer it. I stared at the movie that was playing, but didn't pay attention to what was happening. I stroked Dixie's soft fur as she laid next to me with her head resting on my legs. Mum was muttering words that I could not hear and after a few seconds hung up the phone.

She strolled back into the room and sat on the couch she was previously occupying.

"Who called?" I ask when I saw her miserable expression.

"It was your father." She looked at me, but shook her head when she saw that I was going to ask another question. "He's being held back at work."

"So he won't be coming?" My voice was soft, with a hint of disappointment.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. We have to go to Diagon Alley on our own." She sat up straight and put her shoes on that she took off to lay on the couch.

I also grabbed my white Nike sneakers and put them on. I had to move Dixie's head, waking her up in the process. She gruffed and went to lay at the other end of the couch, but was soon chased off and mum took her outside to the backyard.

I quickly went upstairs to my room and grabbed my Hogwarts winter cloak and went back downstairs. As I put the cloak around my shoulders, mother grabbed her leather handbag and motioned me out the front door. She closed it and after she locked the door, she took out her cellphone and called for a taxi.

Once the taxi arrived, we climbed in and mum gave the driver the address. After a few minutes, he finally dropped us off at the Leaky Cauldron.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Diagon Alley was busy as always, with bunch of witches and wizards shopping for goods and younger people probably shopping for school stuff.

My mother and I hurried to Gringotts, where we were supposed to meet Hermione and her parents. However, when we reached the white-marble building, we were not welcomed by the Grangers, but by the Weasleys, along with Harry and Hermione.

"Leila!" Hermione was the first to notice me, the sound of her voice grabbing everyone's attention.

"I'll meet you inside, honey." Mum said distantly. I nodded as she left my side, greeted Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, and walked into the bank.

Hermione ran to me and gave me a hug, to which I returned. After her hug, I let go to see Harry and Ron smiling at me from their position. I smiled back as we made our way to them.

I looked at the Weasley family. Every single one of them has flaming red hair. They could be called 'The Ginger Family.'

"So you finally rescued Harry? How did you succeed?" I ask once Hermione and I stopped in front of the two boys.