Chapter Fifteen

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

It was almost a month since we used the Polyjuice Potion to get some useful information from the Slytherin boy, which turned out that he wasn't after the attacks. And almost a month ago, Hermione turned into a human cat. At least now her fur vanished. And luckily there hasn't been any attacks...yet.

The guilty feeling of being one of the first two people that found Justin petrified, and running away like cowards was eating me alive. And the fact that Harry got in trouble for being caught by standing near the body only made it worse. So I decided to come forward to Dumbledore.

"It is probably a good idea, Leila." Hermione agreed after I told her everything and my plan to tell the Headmaster.

I nod. "That way, I can get it off my chest and stop feeling bad when I see Justin's empty seat in class." I comment, glancing at one of the closed-down beds where Justin is laying.

Hermione touched my hand that was resting on her bed and squeezed it for a quick second. I looked at her and she gave me a reassuring smile. "I know the feeling you are feeling now."

I returned a small smile and took a breath. "I should probably go now, it is almost six."

"See you later, alligator." She joked, making me roll my eyes.

"In a while, crocodile." I winked at her. She laughed and we bid each other farewell with a wave.

I wandered first to the Cobblestone courtyard, where I know a certain dark-haired boy was sitting with his friends, doing piles of homework we got assigned by our teachers. I spot him under the tree, along with three others. As I made my way to them, I saw books scattered all around them.

"Hello boys." I greet them, when I was a meter away from them.

Terry, Michael, Kevin and Stephen looked up from their books at me. Each of them greeted me back with a smile as they continued with their work.

Kevin frowned at me. "Where's your stuff?" He ask.

I shrug. "What stuff?"

He raised an eyebrow. "Your homework."

"Oh!" I slapped my forehead. "It's finished."

All four of them gawked at me, looking highly surprised. "Close your mouths, you'll catch flies." I muse.

They all snapped their mouths shut and stared at me, making me lose my smile. "What?"

"I was just about to ask how did you get it done so quick, but then I remembered that you are Leilani Powell." Michael winked at me.

"And that you are friends with Hermione Granger." Terry add.

I stare in disbelief at Boot. "Okay, just because I'm friends with Hermione, doesn't mean that I get the answers from her. For your information, I was done with my work before I went to visit her in the Hospital Wing."

Terry gave me a apologetic look. "I'm sorry, Leila. I just thought -"

I gave him a wave to dismiss his apology. "It's okay. Don't worry about it."

"How is she, by the way?" I heard Stephen ask.

I turn to him with a smile. "Much better. Her face is fur-free now, so there's no need to call her 'fur face' anymore."

"But we didn't call her fur face." Terry frowned.

I point a finger at him. "Innocent on that. But guilty on trying to get a glance on my then-furry friend. You guys were just as nosy as the others."