Chapter Nine

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

The sky couldn't seem to make up its mind between a nice, sunny day, or a dull, moody, grey, cloudy sky on this Saturday morning. At eleven o'clock we made our way out of the castle and to the Quidditch pitch. It's the first game of the season and as tradition, Gryffindor and Slytherin plays against each other. Enemy vs. Enemy. Lion vs. Snake...

"Good vs. Bad. Red vs. Green. Roar vs. Hiss. Tower vs. -"

"Morag!" Lisa yelled, cutting Morag's random babbling about the different descriptions she gives the two Houses. "Can you please shut up about the two teams. You have already made your point on who's playing. There's no need to describe them with all the possible words in the world."

"All right. I'm sorry." Morag lift her hands up in surrender. "I'm actually excited for today's game, so excuse me for rambling." She glared at the back of Lisa's head.

"Why's that?" Stephen asks dumbly.

"Have you been living under a rock, Steph?"

"You don't have to insult him, Lisa." I stared in disbelief at the blonde.

She looked at me like I was not allowed to talk to her and I just broke that rule. "Sorry." She scoffed.

Mandy gave her a flat look and turned to Stephen. "Some juicy rumor has been running around in school that Malfoy has been selected as Seeker."

"What?" Stephen's voice went a little high. "Last time I saw, Terence Higgs still played Seeker, and he played excellent, they can't just replace him."

"Well, they did." Morag mumbled as she stared out in the distance.

"How?" Michael went to walk beside Stephen, who looked a bit angry.

My friends looked at me, indicating that I should tell the boys. I sigh. "Malfoy's father made sure Malfoy would make the team...through money."

"What?" This time, all the boys' voice went up a notch.

"Mr. Malfoy paid Snape to be on the team." I sigh for the second time.

"With new Nimbus broomsticks." Morag rolled her eyes.

"What a cheater." Stephen mumbled.

Kevin came up from behind him and firmly grabbed his shoulder. "We should have expected it. They are a bunch of Slytherins after all. Never played by the rules."

We finally reached the stadium and made our way to the Ravenclaw Section, finding the best spot at the top of the bleachers.

"I hope they lose." Stephen grumbled next to me.

I bumped my shoulder into his and smiled smugly. "Me too."

He quirked an eyebrow at me. "Aren't you and Malfoy friends or something?"

I shrug. "Yeah, we are. But still."

"Okay." He chuckled and raised his hands when I glared at him.

We looked at the field when a roaring sound between cheering and boo-ing can be heard throughout the stadium when Gryffindor and Slytherin made their appearances on the pitch.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

We let out another wince as the Bludger missed Harry by a few inches. Luckily, George hit it towards Malfoy, but it swerved around and once again zoomed towards Harry.

"Bludgers usually don't go just for one person." Stephen pointed out as we all just stared at the vicious ball.

"Do you think it's someone's doing?" Mandy asks.