Chapter Sixteen

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Everything felt like it was back to normal. No more petrified people or cats laying or hanging around in the hallways (there hasn't been an attack since December). Hermione is also at least finally out of the hospital wing, making everyone relax even more, knowing that she is not petrified. It's good seeing her bushy, brown locks bouncing up and down the corridors again.

"I heard Lockhart boasting about how the Chamber of Secrets has been locked up because of him. Says it would have been only a matter of time before he caught the culprit." Morag told us as we walked to the Great Hall for breakfast.

"He thinks too much of himself." I mumble.

We entered the Great Hall, but had to stop in order to stare at the place in pure confusion. "What on earth is happening?" I ask as we slowly made our way to the Ravenclaw table.

The walls were covered with large, lurid pink flowers and heart-shaped confetti was falling from the faded blue enchanted ceiling.

"An unicorn pooped the place?" Morag stated in a question as she stared at the hearts on the table.

Our breakfast were just as lovey dovey as the decorations. Heart-shaped waffles and pink pancakes were being served. The milk was also pink and tasted like strawberries. It was quite tasty.

Morag made a noise and set her glass of milk down. "All this pink is going to make me vomit."

"Why, is the milk bad?" Her sister asks when she took a bite of her waffle.

Morag frowned and shook her head. "No, the milk is amazing. It's just...everything is so pink. It's making my eyes sore." We looked around and caught sight of a cheerful-looking Lockhart, wearing hot pink robes, holding his custom pink goblet, laughing away as he took a sip. When he saw the majority of the students were already in the Great Hall and seated, he quickly set down his liquid and waved for silence.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" He shouted, causing our faces to make a look of realization.

Morag leaned forward. "But isn't Valentine's Day tomorrow? Why can't he decorate the place on a Saturday?"

I shrug. "Maybe he doesn't know that we will still be at school on weekends."

Morag snorted. "Maybe."

Isobel perked up in her seat. "Oh, look, here comes Mandy."

We turned and saw Mandy walking rather quickly towards us from the teachers' table. She had her head down and was blushing. Before we could ask her where she was and what she was doing, Lockhart began to speak again.

"And may I thank the forty-six people who have so far sent me cards!" We all looked at Mandy, who just looked at Lockhart, trying not to notice us gawking at her. She's one of them. I bet Hermione has also sent him a card. "Yes, I have taken the liberty of arranging this little surprise for you all," He continued. "and it doesn't end here!"

He clapped his hands and the Great Hall's doors burst open and a dozen grumpy dwarfs marched in. They were all wearing golden wings, with material diapers, and each one was carrying a harp. We all had to hold in our laughs at how adorably ugly they looked.

"My friendly, card-carrying cupids!" Lockhart beamed proudly as we watched the dwarfs wobbling inside. "They will be roving around the school today, delivering your Valentines! And the fun doesn't stop here!" ("Oh my gosh." Morag groaned softly.) "I'm sure my colleagues will want to enter into the spirit of the occasion! Why not ask Professor Snape to show you how to whip up a Love Potion! And while you're at it, Professor Flitwick knows more about Entrancing Enchantments than any wizard I've ever met, the sly old dog."