Chapter Three

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

I ran with my trolley through the wall between Platform 9 and 10, at King's Cross Station, on the first of September. My dark brown hair that I pulled into a ponytail this morning, bounced up and down with each move I made. Once I fell through the barrier, I saw the welcoming sign of the Hogwarts Express.

My mother and father appeared from behind me and we made our way to the drop-off. I saw Isobel and Morag a few meters away and I gave them a quick wave.

There were only a few minutes left until the train departs, so we didn't have much time to dilly-dally.

"So this is it, huh?" I began, trying to start a conversation with my parents.

Dad chuckled at my awkward posture. "You always say things like it's the last time we will see each other."

"But it is." I pout. "For a long while." I add.

"Well, if you want to think like that." Dad suddenly pulled me into a hug, taking me by surprise. "Then let me give you a long hug for the upcoming missing time." He rested his chin on my head and swayed us from side to side.

I did not complain one bit. I hugged him around his waist and buried my face into his chest.

It felt like an eternity before my dad released me. He looked down at me while I looked up. "You're growing up fast." He mumbled as he measured my height.

"Yeah, well." I roll my eyes. "I can't be little forever."

"But now I can't call you my little girl anymore." Father sighed and pouted when he saw me looking.

He made it look so real, that I gave him a hug again. "I will always be your little girl, dad." I mumbled in his chest.

I felt a pair of lips on my head, as my father kissed me, chuckling. "I know, love."

I pulled away and saw him smirking, successfully tricking me. I narrowed my eyes as I replied. "You better."

I turned to my mother and went to give her a hug. She bent her knees so that she was the same height as me and embraced me. "Between you and I, I'm going to miss you the most, but don't tell dad." I joked, whispering in her ear.

She laughed, giving me a squeeze before she let go. "My lips are sealed." She made a lock movement.

My dad gave us a suspicious look. "What are you two gossiping about?"

"Nothing!" We both yelled at the same time. We looked at each other, pursing our lips, trying not to laugh. 

"Mmm." He hummed, not believing us.

Just then, the whistle of the train blew, indicating that all the kids must board the train.

My dad looked at the train, then back at me. "Now you go and enjoy your second year, pumpkin." 

"And don't do anything dangerous." My mother added, looking sternly at me.

"Like last year." Father raised an eyebrow, referring to the end of my first year when Snape and I fought Quirrell, (who was taking orders from You-Know-Who) which landed me in the Hospital Wing with many injuries.

I lifted my hands in surrender. "What were I supposed to do? Let Professor Quirrell take the Philosopher's Stone and give it to You-Know-Who and let him destroy our world like last time?" My parents gave me questionable looks. "I've read it somewhere at dad's work in the library."

My mother nodded her head. "You were very brave, sweetheart."

"Too brave." Dad mumbled, not meaning for me to hear. I did, but decide not to say anything. "But just be careful." He stated, mother nodding her head, agreeing with him.