Chapter Ten

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Hermione stole me from my friends the next day at breakfast. As always, I shoved some food into my pockets, this time it was waffles.

"Please bring her back in one piece!" Morag's loud voice echoed through the Great Hall. I gave her a deadpan look and a wave with a tight smile, letting Hermione drag me out of the hall. Once we were out of sight, she let go of my arm and we walked at a normal pace towards the changing staircases.

"So, what's on today's agenda?" I ask my brunette friend.

We paused on a staircase as it moved. "We decided to begin with the Polyjuice Potion." She replied.

I sighed happily. "Great idea. I heard there has been another attack in the early morning today. You know Colin is the first, official student that has been petrified?" I frowned at the statement I just said.

Hermione nodded. "Which is why we are starting it today. The earlier we do it, the earlier we get to find out if Malfoy is really behind the attacks."

We headed towards the Gryffindor Common Room, because she needed to get a few stuff. I had to wait outside, because I'm not allowed in. Hermione climbed through the Portrait Hole after 4 minutes, carrying a familiar-looking book. "You still have that book? I thought you had to give it back." I eyed the Moste Potente Potions book and gave her a suspicious look.

She looked at me. "I checked it out the day Professor Lockhart signed the paper for permission."

"I probably forgot." I gave her a sheepish smile with a shrug.

She rolled her eyes at my forgetfulness. "Clearly," She laughed. "but anyway, I have to take it back tomorrow, so we have to try and get all the ingredients today and memorize the whole recipe."

"Okay then...let's go." I looked at Hermione, wondering why she isn't moving.

She held up a finger. "In a second." She looked back at the open portrait hole and shouted. "Come on, Ron! We don't have all day!"

"I'm coming, hold your horses." A voice mumbled from inside and not soon after, Ron emerged through the hole, yawning. "Hello, Leila."

"Morning, Ron." I chirped.

We made our way back down the changing staircases, to the student store-cupboard. The cupboard was situated on the ground floor, a specific place I have never been before. The hallway was different from the others. The walls on both sides were covered in tapestry material, and moving portraits pinned on most of the wall.

"Is Harry joining us?" I ask, noticing that he is absent.

"A bit later, maybe." Hermione replied. "We let him rest after his painful, overnight recovery. And he will know where to find us, though."

She stopped at a dark wooden door and opened it, revealing a little room, the size of a pantry cupboard. She opened the mouldy book and scanned through the pages. She stopped once she found the page she was looking for." Okay, Leila. You're very good at finding stuff. So, you're going to get the ingredients as I'm calling out their names. Ron, you can just..." She trailed off, staring at the boy, thinking of something.

"I'll just stand by the door and keep watch?" He suggested.

"We're not doing anything illegal but it sounds good enough." I shrug, smiling.

Ron nod in satisfaction as he leaned against the open door's frame and observed us as we made a move to begin. "First thing on the list: Lacewing Flies." Hermione looked at me, who already climbed the ladder that was against the shelves.