Chapter Eight

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

I looked at Hermione in total confusion. "You want me to do what?" I wanted to make sure I heard her correctly.

"I want you to help me brew a potion." She repeat more clearly.

Hermione approached me alone when I was seated in the Great Hall, as I ate my breakfast. So, with my breakfast, long forgotten now, I stared at Hermione with a raised eyebrow.

"For what?"

Hermione bit her lip, hesitating on whether to tell me or not.

"Tell me, Hermione." I push when I received no answer.

"Okay, okay." She sighed. "We want to use Polyjuice Potion on ourselves to find out if Malfoy knows anything about the Chamber of Secrets."

"You're already working on it?" I ask her, to which she nodded.

Dammit, now I owe Morag that sweets.

"Okay." I nodded too. "But why should I help you? You basically told me to buzz off when you called me a fake friend." I fold my arms as I stared at her.

"I didn't mean to say that." Hermione mumbled.

"You looked like you did." I mumbled back.

"I swear I didn't mean it. It's just...I don't want you to turn against us if you hang around with him."

I sigh and placed both of my hands on her shoulders. She looked at me while I stared into her eyes. "No matter what he'll say or do, I will never, ever turn against you guys. I promise you that, 'Mione."

She stared at me through her lashes. "You sure."

I gave her a small smile. "I'm pretty sure."

She gave me a grateful smile. "Thank you."

I pulled her in for a hug and gave her a tight squeeze, which she returned.

"And I'm sorry about what happened." She said once we let go of each other.

I dismissed her apology with a wave of my hand. "It's okay, you're forgiven. Besides, I know now you didn't mean it." I smiled.

She gave me a broad smile and let out a happy sigh. "Good. So will you help me?"

I flashed her a toothy grin. "Of course."

"Great!" Hermione exclaimed happily.

"So, what's first?" I ask once we decided to head to first period.

"The Polyjuice Potion is in a book. But the book is in the Restricted Section in the library." She explained shortly.

I nodded slowly. "Okay, so how do we get it?"

"We have to get a permission slip."

"And you know just the professor to get it from." I read her mind as she smiled sheepishly at me. "You know me too well."

I playfully rolled my eyes with a laugh. "Duh, you have to be daft to guess your choice wrong, with all that hearts you colored in around his name."

Hermione turned red in the face and told me in a hushed voice to 'shut up'.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Professor Lockhart was busy telling us a dramatic story of himself (of course, who else?) of when he helped a werewolf turning back into a human. He always chose Harry to play as the victims, and in today's lesson, the werewolf. We watched in interest at the scene, not at Lockhart, who bravely boasted about his heroic work, but at Harry, who howled and moaned, as he acted out the werewolf with instructions from Goldie Locks himself.