Chapter Seven

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

The last thing I needed right now, was a fight to break out between Hermione and I. And over something silly.

"I can't believe you!" She screamed at me when we left the Potions classroom. Malfoy made side remarks and jokes to me in class. I kept trying to ignore him, but he did say one specific joke and I burst out laughing, quietly at least. Hermione knew something was up, because usually I would flat out ignore him, scold him or simply glare at him. So she asked me what was going on between me and him, and I simply said that we were friends. She was not happy.

"What? Am I not allowed to be friends with him?" I ask her. A crowd slowly began to form around us, making me slightly uncomfortable.

"No." Ron answered for her. I gave the ginger a glare. "She can answer for herself, Ronald."

"No, I'm with Ron." Hermione answered, agreeing with him.

I looked at her in disbelief. I let out a dry chuckle. "You're kidding, right?" They didn't answer, just stared at me. I slowly nodded once I realized. "You're serious."

"Malfoy is our enemy, Leila." Harry joined the heated conversation. I groaned. "He's your enemy, Harry. Yours. Not mine."

By now, our whole class and newcomers gathered around us, blocking the corridor. I'm surprised Snape didn't come out by now. "You're a bad friend." Hermione forced out. I painfully looked at her. She looked blankly back at me.

"At least I'm the one who holds something against someone, making them their enemy." I glared at Harry, then at Draco, who stood in the crowd. "If you are going to confront me about something like this again, don't bother. This is childish." I immediately turned away and pushed through the crowd and headed straight to my common room.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

I was buried inside my bed covers when my roommates entered the room. The curtains of my bed were drawn open and three 'heavy' bodies sat down, making my bed sink in. For three days, every day, after school, I darted towards my dorm and ignored the world by climbing into bed.

"She'll come around, Leila." The voice of Mandy encouraged me, her hand patting my leg.

"No, she won't." I groaned inside the covers. They suddenly got ripped off from my head and I squinted at the light and came face to face with Morag, who peered down at me. "Stop moping, girl."

I raised an eyebrow at her. "I'm not moping."

"You are." She tore the covers away from me, making me give out an ugly whine. "You're being a grumpy koala over a fight with Hermione."

"She has been my friend since forever, Mo." I pout. "I lost an important friend."

"You haven't." Isobel kindly said.

"Huh?"

"She's looking very dazed and depressed lately. I think the fight affected her too." Isobel explained.

I eyed her, now sitting on my messy bed. "Was that supposed to make me feel better?"

She shrug and gave me a crooked smile. "No, I just told you so you know you're not the only one who is feeling like a sad doll, but now that you say that, I'd hope so."

I gave her a blank look. "Well, it didn't."

Morag clicked her tongue. "You're a tough cookie."

"Like always." Mandy added as I rolled my eyes and fell back onto my pillow.