Chapter Fourteen

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

I was standing with my friends at the Hogwarts Express train at Hogsmeade Station. Today was the last day of term and then it's Christmas break. Most of the students were going home after the horrible news of Justin Finch-Fletchley and Sir Nicholas.

Morag looked sadly at me. "Are you sure you want to stay? We can always make last minute arrangements, then you can stay with Isobel and I. We have a spare bedroom for you to sleep in."

I shook my head with a smile. "Thanks for the offer. I'm really grateful, but I have business to attend. Hopefully we'll find out if he is behind it all or not."

Morag pout, but nodded. "I understand."

"Just please be safe." Mandy stepped forward and gave me a hug.

"I will." I replied as I returned the hug.

As I let go of Mandy, Morag and Isobel both gave me a bone-crushing hug.

We all talked a bit more until it was time for departure.

As Mandy walked onto the train, she quickly turned around and looked at me. "Good luck with him."

I frowned. "With who?"

"With me, loner." A deep voice spoke from behind me.

I groaned, knowing exactly who it is, by the new nickname. I glared at Mandy, who only gave me an innocent smile. Just as the doors closed, Morag and Isobel joined Mandy by the door. "Happy Christmas!" All three chimed, waving.

"Happy Christmas." I grumbled, giving them a fake smile as I waved back. I watched as the train gave out a big 'HOOT!' and started moving. Once the train was out of sight, Michael decided it was best to talk again. "Well, there they go, and here we are."

I turned to him. "I know why you're here. I do not need a babysitter." I faced then the other way and began to make my way back to the castle.

I wasn't far when Michael caught up to me. "We just want to make sure you're okay."

I roll my eyes. "Just because I saw a corpse and a dead ghost..." I shivered. That sounds so wrong. "does not mean that I am going to commit suicide."

"But you're freaked out."

"I was." I correct him. "I'm just scared."

He snorted. "It's the same thing, Leila."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "No, it is not. It's two completely different things."

This time he laughed. "No."

I fold my arms, feeling embarrassed. "Whatever."

A belly laugh escaped him. "You're too cute. I was only joking." He ruffled my hair playfully.

I swat his hand away. "You're being annoying."

He shrug and showed me his shiny teeth. "That's what I'm here for."

I shook my head, a smile making its way to my lips.

Over the past year, Michael and I developed a sibling relationship. Between Stephen, Terry, Kevin and Michael, Michael is the one whom I'm closest to.

The rest of the way up to the castle, we were bickering with each other, throwing snowballs and every now and then getting stuck in the thickness of the snow, but eventually we made it in one, cold piece in the building, immediately looking for warmth.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

In the early morning, at half-past six, on Christmas day, Hermione and I have been sitting in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, adding the last touches, which is more lacewing flies, to the Potion.