Chapter Six

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

I helped Hagrid with the ginormous pumpkins he got to grow, by levitating it and moving it towards the castle. I used my Aerokinesis ability as levitation. With great difficulty, we finally reached the castle went inside, making our way to the Great Hall.

"Hagrid?" I call out to the abnormally large man as we entered a dingy looking hallway. I received a 'hmm' back, so I knew he was listening.

"How did you get these pumpkins so large? Do you use special chemicals on them or were they special seeds?"

Hagrid seemed to be having trouble answering, because he kept stumbling over his two feet. "Er...they're special seeds. Bin' addin' chemicals also, to get teh extra volume. Takes 'em about a year to get this big."

"Interesting." I hummed. "Are you sure, Hagrid?"

"Uhh...well, yes. 'Course I'm sure. Why ya askin'?"

"Because I made it up." I whispered to him. "The special seeds, I mean. They don't exist, just the chemicals."

Hagrid slumped his shoulders in defeat. "Yeh got me." I smiled in triumph. 

"So how did you do it?" I ask eagerly.

He looked around and spoke in a low voice. "I've enlarged 'em, with magic."

"You used the Engorgement Charm?" I ask with interest. He nod his head. "Fascinating. You did a really good job, Hagrid." I smiled.

"Thank you, Leila." He returned the smile and we walked on.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Mandy, Morag, Isobel and I, along with a few other students were carving shapes and faces into the large pumpkins that Hagrid and I brought here to the Great Hall an hour ago. Our creations were going to float in the air, along with some candles.

We were sitting by our usual table, just this time at the front, near the teachers' table. Each of us had a carving knife in our hands, some carving tools scattered around us, and the pumpkins' organs laid on the table, beside the vegetable.

"So," Morag broke the silence between us. "I heard you and Malfoy are friends now." She gave me a look as she wiggled her eyebrows.

I make as if I'm thinking and gave her a flat look. "Eh, no. We are just acquaintances." 

"That's not what I heard." She sang, smirking.

"And where did you hear that?" I mumbled as I shaped the nose on my pumpkin.

"By Parkinson. She's been complaining by her little Slytherin friends that you get to hug him, but she can't."

"Oh my gosh, that was like a month ago." I groaned.

"A month?" Mandy asked, shocked. "A month and you didn't tell us anything?"

"It's not worth telling, Mandy." I shrug, continuing my carving.

"It is worth telling if there's a boy included." Morag state. Isobel gave her sister a glare and she replied by raising her hands in surrender.

Isobel then looked at me. "And why is it not worth telling, Leila?" She asks curiously.

I shrug. "We're not talking."

"Ooeee, trouble in paradise?" Morag joked.

 Laughing, I shook my head. "No. I'm mad at him."

"Why?" Mandy asks, now looking confused.

"He was the one who called Hermione a..." I trailed off, looking down.