I don't know what to do

A few days later in Charlie's Yard

A few days later in Charlie's Yard. Lola, Isiah, Jeremiah, Ellie, JJ, Tommy, Lizzie, Ruby, Charles, Charlie, Arthur, Curly, Finn, Karl and Ada were standing in front of a wagon. 

Isiah squeezed Lola's hand before he walked forwards, Jeremiah walked forwards and took her hand as Isiah said, "This place was a place that she loved...she loved helping Charlie and Curly with whatever they were doing down here. She loved to play with Ellie and JJ down here." 

Lola looked down and put her hand on JJ's shoulder as Jeremiah put his arm around Ellie, "What happened should never have happened. She didn't deserve it, Omar didn't deserve it...none of the people deserved it. There were so many things that Molly deserved to be able to do...but...but for now we send her on to be with her grandma, where she can play with the horses for as long as she wants." 

Isiah looked at Jeremiah, "I can't...I can't do it...please dad." 

Jeremiah looked at Lola and she nodded, "She loved you. Do it." 

Jeremiah dropped Lola's hand and walked towards the wagon as Charlie was pouring the petrol on the logs at the bottom. Lola crouched down holding JJ's hand and she put her arm around Ellie's waist. Jeremiah hugged Isiah before he walked back over to Lola. 

She stood up and Isiah picked Ellie up as Jeremiah lit his torch. Isiah kept one hand on Lola's back as she picked JJ up who hugged her, putting his head on her shoulder. 

Jeremiah looked back at the Jesus-Grays, who were all holding each other before lowering the torch onto the logs at the bottom of the waggon setting it on fire. 

. . . . . . . . . . . 

That night Lola walked into the Garrison and saw Tommy sitting across a table from Laura McKee, Tommy quickly stood up and grabbed Lola as she went to take out her gun, "Don't! Lola don't!" 

"What the fuck is this Tom!" 

Tommy grabbed Lola's gun and pulled it away from her before turning back to McKee, "So, Laura McKee...are you going to help me change the world?" 

"Mr Shelby, this meeting is not what I expected." 

Tommy shrugged as he kept Lola in front of him, "Never is. Is that a yes or a no?" 

"My answer's yes. The answer's always yes." 

Tommy nodded as he moved Lola back towards the door, "The back door is unlocked. You can let yourself out. And tell your friends back home, Tommy Shelby has changed." 

The pair walked out of the Garrison, "What the fuck Tommy!" Lola shouted as she pushed Tommy into the wall 

"It's all under control, Lola." Tommy said 

Lola scoffed, "Well, I'm not under fucking control. I'm not you, Tommy, and I'm not my mum either. Even though I'm trying to be. I found Arthur in the streets I come here, and I see you talking with the reason my mum and my baby are dead!...She would have stopped this." 

"We will pull Arthur through this." Tommy said 

Lola shook her head, "I'm not talking about Arthur, I'm talking about you. I heard everything you were saying in there." "

Tommy sighed, "Lola, this will be the end of it, do you hear me? This is the way out for all of us. And along the way, I will be doing good." 

"No, along the way, you're going to make yourself a lot of fucking money." Lola said 

Tommy paused before he said, "All right, fair enough. Any incidental rewards for my good work will be welcome. But you will get your fair share." Lola scoffed, "And by being among the Fascists, by being among 'em, I can undermine them. Polly would approve. Beneath all the gold and diamonds, and fucking, fucking mink and lace, she was a solid Socialist." 

"Look, I know it's too late for this, Tom, but...this doorway, this same fucking doorway. We used to come here when we were kids." 

Tommy nodded, "Yeah, I remember. Look at us now, eh?" 

"Yeah, fucking look at us. Take a good look, Tom, cause one of us isn't going to be here for long. Fuck, opium and presidents!" 

"Lola, if you don't want to help me carry the bucket...then I wouldn't blame you. But this is my mission. And I will have no limitations." Tommy said 

Lola shook her head as she looked at him, "Where are you, Tom? Hm? My cousin? You know you used to stop sometimes and laugh. Do you even remember this place? You walk into the Garrison like a stranger, and you sip fucking water." 

"But I'm alive, Lola." 

Lola nodded, "Yeah. And you're still looking for trouble big enough to kill you. Well...I think you might have found it. I want to do something, because if I don't do something I will think and I don't want to think...I hope you never have to feel what I feel, Tom...Laura McKee...she blew her up, she blew my baby and my friend up. She assassinated my mother, the reason Aberama is dead. From what I'm seeing now, is your limits aren't affecting you...they're affecting me. but you need to learn your limits and fast. Cause you know what I think, I think you've started a war that you don't know how to win." 

Tommy put his hands on Lola's shoulders, "I know how to win this, I need you. I need your help...I know that you need to be doing things because I know you. There is nothing that I can say to you that will make it better, nothing that I can say will fix your heart but...Lola, let me help you." 

"I don't know what to do." Lola said, Tommy sighed as he hugged her, "I really don't know what to do." 

Thank you for reading 

Lola's confused on who to side with here....so it might not end up the way that you're thinking. 

Comment and Vote