Chapter 17

It's been 4 whole weeks since I have seen or smelt the beauty of the wilderness , a wilderness so free and so vast and just like an unlucky duckling trapped in his shell, here I am trapped in this room. I can clearly say I have gone mad , it's like I hear everything but see nothing , I have to set myself free.

I might not know Italy like the back of my hand but I do know myself too well to be confined in a hell whole. I am only allowed to go to two places in this huge prison cell , this pathetic excuse of a room and the toilet down the passage, the toilet has a window leading to some garden ,so maybe I can work with that.Just need to find a way to distract the two giant gorillas whom seem to babysit me all their lives.

I sit in bed proof planning my freedom but if anything goes wrong I might really regret my life choices , but I do regret all my life choices till date this is not the time for negative thoughts. I have this...

I wait till dusk and before walking towards the door I say a silent prayer. I knock slightly on the door ,twice indicating that I need the rest room , when the door opens I see a different face , a new guard a man with broad shoulders and dark beautiful skin and green eyes staring down at me, well he is bigger and taller than the other one. He simply stares down at me ,raising a brow in question.

"Gabinetto, me want to use gabinetto" I mouth not forgetting to grin, he moves and motions me to go, I mouth a thank you as he follows me to the toilet. As I walk I notice that for some reason there are less guards today and I haven't felt so happy as I do now.

I close the door behind me, place my ear on the door to hear his breathing, and like most men here he breathes hard. I bend down and peak down the little opening at the bottom of the door wait for a minute praying for a miracle , I need him distracted ,just like that his called he moves away from the door as he seems to be in conversation with someone else and they are laughing really loud.

That's my cue . I stand on the seat, open the window not forgetting to pay attention to the other side, take out the sock in my left pocket of my sweat pants place it in my mouth as I jump without a second thought.

As I fall I feel my blood boiling and pulse increasing, my breathing hardens as I contemplate whether to fall feet down or curve myself into a ball, feet it is.I fall on the ground with a thud , it's nothing like the movies , I think I broke a bone or two as my feet reach the ground a uplifting pain surges up my body and I screech,spitting the sock out.

And just like that I begin to run,in the dark, I have always been a good sports so I forget the pain, I run out the small garden caring too little for the roses , stepping on them with no care in the world. I stop at a corner as two men stand out and smoke. The door is ahead so I need noise I throw a flower vase on my opposite direction as I hide ,once they move I run out the open door.

This house isn't as massive as I thought but it is in the middle of no way. At this very moment I do regret this life choice I can't run into the woods,I may die of hunger or get attacked.

I make sure to hide in the dark as a car with an open boot stops at the house, a men steps out and from what I hear he seems to be going to town , so I jump at the back ,covering myself with a blanket there, how convenient.

I fall asleep despite my attempt of doing the opposite , the car bounces and my head hits the near by box and I wince. The car comes to a halt as I hear the man come out then I hear nothing. Then I see light and as I stare at the stranger in front of me and he stares back. Then he smirks as he reaches down and I find myself kicking him in the stomach resulting to him stepping back.

I attempt to jump down but he comes surging forward as he pushes me down, causing me to hit my head hard on the materials in the car, my head feels heavy but I can't let him take me so I attempt to kick him again but this time I fail.

His now on top of me and is speaking rapidly in Italian pinning me down , I try to get free but I can't, his eyeing me as he leans down and smells my hair and I feel gross ,when he withdraws up I take that as my chance to hit him head hard with my head , then reach for a bottle of wine and hit him across the face.

As he screams and curses under his breath I take another bottle and hit him again ,not forgetting to kick him hard on the crouch as I push him off me, and jump out and start running. I don't bother looking back to see whether his chasing after me or not because all I want is to go home. To my beautiful apartment and amazing boyfriend.

I see people as I realise I am in some town, I try to control my breathing as I feel my legs give in."Aiuto,per favore aiuto" I keep on repeating the word help to everyone around but no one seems to be doing anything they simply stare at me, "Polizia ,polizia..." my words drift as I feel a migraine coming, I touch my head and close my eyes as the pain intensifies and the morning light does me no good. I taste blood running down my face as I try to ignore the pain. " Per favore aiuto" I find myself crying as I feel hopeless ,why wasn't anyone helping me.

Finally my legs give in and I feel myself dazing, as I fall I fall into comforting arms, opening my eyes slightly I see Antonio's face.