Chapter 22

"I promise you its not what it seems." My eyes twitch as I simply stare. She takes another deep breath as she runs her hand through her hair reaches forward in an attempt to almost touch me. I find myself moving a step back.

"You say its not what it seems so I am waiting for an answer what is it, if its not what it seems?" ,my lips draw in a straight line ,I find myself crossing my hands and for a second I only see the two of us in that room.
Back when we were much little.

"I wanted to protect you but at the same time I couldn't protect you and myself." She takes a step back as she speaks.

"So that's why you sold me off ,I was wondering how he knew and I guess now I know ,you didn't want to protect me you did it for yourself." I feel tears but I bit my bottom lip trying to not cry.

"His my boss !" her brows slowly soften as she recollects herself. " My job is to protect him and inform him of any leads and spies and I told you he was dangerous but...you just didn't listen. " I let out a chuckle.

"How very funny ,so you sold me off because his your boss and I am nothing ,we grew up together ,we ate ,and use to breathe the same air ,I am your friend was always your friend and I am still your friend, but our friendship meant nothing to you ,because you knew he could have killed me but you still did it" I let out a deep breath as I find myself laughing.

"You sent the lion at my door ,knowing it could kill me,I trusted you and you did this to me." I find myself approaching her as I speak as I poke her on the chest.

"You did it ,not Antonio YOU BETRAYED ME !" She holds my finger ,looks me in the eye.

"I was doing a job and I knew he wouldn't hurt you he promised". I could almost burst into another laugh.

I take a deep breath as I truly see her for what she is ,she was always likes this ,selfish ,caring only for herself.

" Your job meant my life ,your job meant my death. " She says nothing ,looks at the ground I lift her face slowly so she could see the my eyes ,the pain and hurt she has caused.

"I trusted you Ema ,I really ,really did and yo...you lied and sent me to  die" ,a tear manages to escape my eye.

"I ...I ...I am so....sor...I am so sorry ,I didn't have a choice if he found out I was going ..." I didn't want to hear it so I motioned my hand for her to stop speaking.

"You did a great job Emilia I am so very proud ." I manage to smile at her,not forgetting to pat her arm.

"Lucia I am so sorry ,I truly mean it."

"I heard that before so many times ,but at least you know I would have rather died then let you fall."

Time manages to return to its right notion as she falls to the fall and bursts into heavy tears ,watching her cry reminded me of the days she felt like nothing ,of the times she was hurting and of how I always bent down ,hugged her and told her I was always going to be there.

But as much as I wanted to bend down ,lift her face up and tell her it was OK my heart couldn't allow it ,cause she broke my trust and it hurt  so bad because it was her.