chapter 1

Twenty  people it seems ,me saying I am terrified is an  understatement because I feel like I will be sh*tting my pants anytime soon.

This room felt nothing but tense to the core, I feel a drop of sweat falling down my face ,my heart was beating in octave Lord, this is one of those days I urgently need saving , I simply can not afford to get fired. I doubt I will ever get accepted to another branch ,how would I explain to everyone that  I got fired from Belvano because I am incompetent!.

"Calm down my friends , calm down." I have never heard the man speak so calm it was terrifying even worst the fact that he acknowledges us as friends is somewhat displeasing. I doubt he considers us  friends he has always seen us as slaves working under his mercy. Bloody blunder-head his tone of voice wasn't even close to funny.

"Sir if we are getting fired we are so sorry". We all divert our eyes at the person who dared to utter a word in front of Belvano ,whoever it was speaking in  a low or somewhat  barely audible voice had some guts.

The petite female stands holding on her dress ,her nervousness was written all over her face like a logo that refused to be hidden.

"OUT! " Belvano screams across the room ,poor lady was shaking I was shaking too ,shaking for her, the fear  this guy was showering was written in bold letters. I guess we'll never see her small physique ever again. Thank GOD that wasn't me ,rule number one: never speak if not spoken to , or when not given permission. Did she miss that prescription that rule is written all over this place.

"Nineteen it seems ,very pitiful," Belvano says shaking his head in disappointment.

"Nevertheless ,do you know why you are all here ?" Such a rhetorical question I would say , he was really pushing our buttons the imbècil.

"Because of this," I raise my eyebrows in utter shock because of a magazine, this guy called us here for a magazine. The huge urge I have to roll my eyes at this very moment.

"And it's all because of our dear Luciana" he said what now ,was my ears playing tricks with me or did this man just utter  my name ,LORD he knows my name sh*t he knows my name. Should I be celebrating cause the great Belvano knows my name. No I doubt I should he barely knows anyone by name this can only mean I am getting fired ,holy freaken Molly I thought I had just prayed.

Now everyone's eyes were diverted at me and I thought I was doing a pretty good job at staying unnoticed ,me standing at the back did me no good. I almost feel like there's a lump in my throat , I wasn't even crying but I sure wanted too.

"Why do you look so petrified?",because I am why is he asking can't he see the newly formed sweat on my forehead.

"This magazine will be this companies success" he must be bluffing, how is it possible that a mere magazine can lead to a companies success.

Belvano motions for me to come in front and I do just that ,rule 2: do as your told. I gulp hard taking a better look at the magazine in his hands ,dammit it was a magazine on Campanaro why did I bring it to work ,he must have taken it from my desk last week Friday ,that explains why I couldn't find it.

"What is a not work related magazine doing in my department?" sh*t I just broke rule 3: never to bring not work related things to the office ,and I just broke that I am getting fired ,period!

Belvano was waiting for an answer and I had nothing no explanation , how could I tell him I brought that magazine to look through some Italian recipes for preparation for my anniversary  and some tips on weight loss. How was I going to explain all this to my boss ,explain that I was desperate considering how I was starting to look like a deflated balloon.

"I...I am ...the...the... ma...ga..." Lord I am stuttering ,why am I lost of words , if it wasn't for the fact that I needed this job, I wouldn't be stuttering and minding what I am about to say. I resort to shutting up, hopefully he will buy my silence as fear and maybe let me off the chart.

"Everyone out ,Luciana please stay" he wanted something I could smell it. I wish I could take my words back, I curse the day I wished Belvano ever knew my name  cause I sure didn't like the way my name was coming out of his mouth ,I don't know if it was his deep terrifying and uninviting voice or the fact that he was trying really hard  to sound polite  and somewhat seductive. GOD he gave  me chills and it felt horrible the old guy wasn't good at this.

"Listen ,I am so sorry about the magazine I can't even lie about it and that's the worst part but I can explain ,just when I find a super good excuse to use I will explain" good going blunt mouth. The comment lingers in my mind for a long time as Belvano looks at me ,looking utterly confused I guess he got the menu.

"I don't want an explanation but I have a deal for you , a really good one" Belvano has a deal for me wow isn't that just amazing ,from him knowing my name  mysteriously now he has deals for me, this day couldn't get any better .

"I have seen your work and I am indeed impressed you are a hard worker and very intelligent" Belvano the great is complimenting me just amazing.

"Cut  through the chase Belvano no need to stick around the bushes" did I just sass? I guess I did and sure liked it ,if he wanted something all he had to do was say it.

"Attitude I see ,I like it " I roll my eyes at his comment ,it's not like I wanted to it came naturally.

"I need you to dig up a story on Campanaro , his an interesting target" he looks excited as his grin widens at a thought.

"But sir haven't you hired four journalists to do that already , and they all got nothing there isn't any holes in his background ,his perfectly clean. " I was just saying what everyone else said about the Sicilian ,but no one could be perfectly clean especially an Italian from Sicily no discrimination whatsoever but Sicilians have a good record of being crazy so they must be something ,some secret he doesn't want the world finding out. 

"Do you feel the same about this?" His gaze was strong , he was sure intimidating.

"Of cause not " I state I had to play this smart whatever he was asking for ,I wanted and in order to get it I needed to be smart with what I said next

"Then let's do a deal ,get me a story and you'll be known for a lifetime ,you will be one of the most known journalists in all of Mexico as well as the history of Belvano not only that I will promote you to a higher position. Isn't it a fair deal a story for respect ,fame and promo ? "  all seems so tempting  But we were talking about a Campanaro here.

"Deal" Stephan Belvano grins and claps his hands dramatically as he shakes my hand giving me a look I don't quiet understand, he looked extremely happy maybe too happy