chapter 5

I swear to never go shopping with Emilia , I had strictly told her that I wanted to look decent and never ever wanted Flavio to see the clothes she was advising  me to put on.

They were all either too tight , or too revealing , but I did have to play the part if I wanted Antonio's attention I needed to get close to him somehow , I wasn't planning on sleeping with him just to be frank.

A red mermaid dress caught my eye , it was so beautiful with a silk fabic which explained why it was so expensive.

"You like that one ? " Emilia places all the slutty dresses she picked down on a couch in the store.

"It's beautiful " I whisper still amazed at the sight of it. "But it's really expensive" the truth hurts it really does.

"Why don't you try it on ,you don't have to buy it just see how it looks on you " her smile is so genuine so I nod my head as I get ready to try the dress.

I take a long look at myself in the mirror ,I sure didn't want to leave the changing room ,the dress wasn't only beautiful but it fit perfectly ,it was tight to the right places , but what I sort of disliked was the way it brought out my bum and big breast , I had a beautiful body I knew but for reasons I hated the fact that I didn't have  a-cup boobs like most of the girls around me. Why was I complaining I had a butt right ? Me having a butt and boobs was a good thing but I wished they were a little small the last thing I wanted was people thinking I was a show off or a slut. But  who gives the   f*ck What the world says ,people really need to s*ck it.

I let out a small breath of relief as I leave the changing room holding on the dress.

"How do I look?" Emilia says nothing she simply stares and so was everyone around me and that just crept me out.

"I know I look terrible , I should   probably go change " good going with that whole f*ck The world part cause now my confidence has gone from amazing to zero.

"Wait ,you  look good, sh*t you look really nice ,gorgeous simply gorgeous that dress suits you very nicely Flavio would be proud and speechless at the same time " so maybe I didn't look that bad.

"Well thank you , you very nice but I can't buy it so I will change and pick one of those slutty dresses " I smile sheepishly as I get changed.

We buy a black tight shinny dress which I didn't like much but it was cheap cause let's face it I am no millionaire and I am also a s*cker for cheap things.

By the time I get back to my apartment I am exhausted and I have to go to the ball tonight , I should have really reconsidered going shopping on the day ,but I had to compromise since Emilia was free only today and I really wanted to spend some time with her.

I resort to falling asleep and when I wake up I nearly have a heart attack. I say all profanities known to man as I hurry for a shower and when I come back I find a package , I rib off the box just to find out that it was the dress from the store. Who sent it ?

It looked nice on you so I figured I would buy it for you , I swear I didn't buy it cause you liked it , I bought it cause you looked extremely amazing wearing it and less like a wuss ,you owe me one , so you shall pay me back

Xoxo the one and only Emilia

I can't believe Emilia did this she was such a keeper but I shall never pay her back for this , I will consider it like a trade in exchange for my dress that she never gave back in college.

I look over the clock and it was seven pm ,how on earth was I going to get there on time. I wear matching undergarments because I was a s*cker that loved wearing matching undergarments ,it was just something I enjoyed. I put on the dress with  striped black heels.

I didn't even have time to put on my make up it was nearly eight and the ball was starting at that very time , I take a long breath of air as I straighten my hair and then slightly curling it  ,covering half my face with my hair as I do my makeup , I should pat myself on the back because damn my makeup looked good , I swear Instagram and years of practice pay off.

I finish off the finishing touches applying   red lipstick and spraying my favourite perfume. As I run down the building and fight for a cab.

Why didn't anyone tell me that finding a cab in Sicily would be so difficult especially on a Saturday.

I release a breath of relief once I find myself a cab. The driver rushes to the destination and when I get there ,there are two body guards standing at a small door. I pay the cab driver as I straighten myself getting ready to face hell. 

"Hi I am here for the function " both the men stare at me , not saying much for a charity ball they both looked impeccably scary and ugly looking.

"Ticket signorina?" The blond man with much broad shoulders and amazing blue eyes that reminded me of the deep blue sea inquires and I  immediately shove my hand in my bag as I search for the ticket to realize that I didn't have it with me.

I must have forgotten it , now I was definitely not going inside.

"Ticket signorina?" He inquires again this time his face turning cold and his lip in a sharp straight line.

"I don't have it but I am sure Mr Monarco would be very disappointed if I informed him about your terrible confrontation , if you want I can call him right now ,yes it may be you didn't do anything yet but I am already late and he is expecting me" I reach down my bag pretending to take out my cellphone , I hope they buy my lie it always worked in movies.

"No ,no signorina do not do that if you are the boss's special visitor we can make arrangements" the broad man hesitates for a split second before opening the door for me , he stares at me suspiciously and then nods.

I catwalk inside feeling proud of myself ,the room is dark but as I walk further the lights flicker and I see a load of people. It looked like a bar inside I thought it was a charity ball but people were casually drinking and dancing. As soon as I walk down I am in the spot light of attention and it seems like I didn't only forget my ticket but also forgot the dress code.