𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 10 - 𝕸𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖞

"Derrick, Reynold. Meet your sister, Penelope."

'what... ... Sister?' Reynold thought to himself. 

He was startled when he saw a young child with pink like Ivonne slowly introduced herself to her new brothers.

"M-my name is Penelope.. Nice to meet you, brothers!" The young child smiled looking at her brother happily while they having a disgusted expression on their face

"Father! Why would you brought a commoner in this house and not Ivonne. What—" Reynold snapped as he yelled at his father.

"Reynold." Duke glares at Reynold.

Reynold silent himself after seeing his father cold expression. Derrick put up a straight face, afraid to defend Reynold.

Penelope slightly startled, she realized she is not welcome by her brothers. She acted too aloof, she have to be careful to be accept by them.

Duke then take Penelope into the mansion, leaving his sons outside. He didn't even glanced at them.

 He didn't even bother to care if his sons is alright with him adopting a child. Reynold noticed how happy Duke talking with Penelope.

"Why would father... ... Be nice to a commoner." Reynold frowns at the sight of them.

Reynold can't help it but to envy how Duke treat Penelope differently. 

Duke never really talk much with Reynold and yet seeing his father treat a commoner nicer than him, it hurts his pride. 

Derrick pat Reynold shoulder reassuring him. "We... Should be glad that father is happy... ..."

"Then what about us? He never ask if we are happy or not." Replied Reynold.

Derrick sighed at Reynold response. "Just ignore her," said Derrick. "Beside, just because she's here. It doesn't mean you're going to be neglected, okay? Today's is the last day of festival, I heard you were looking forwards to see the fireworks."

"Not anymore... Ivonne is not here..." Frown furrowed his eyebrows.  

"... Sorry." He apologized to his little brother. "If I were careful enough... ... Nevermind, I'll accompany you to the attic just for tonight..." 

"Huh— really?" Reynold was surprised since Derrick never the one who try to be nice.