𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 11- 𝕱𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖘

"Penelope, we need to discuss something." Duke asked for Penelope present.

Penelope is having tea time with Derrick and Pennel. Derrick is wearing his casual outfit while Pennel was ordered to wear a dress.  Damm, if Reynold was here, he's the one who's in dress right now.

"Yes, father?" 

"... Let's get inside. Derrick, go back to your studies..." Said the Duke as he avoid making eye contact with Derrick.

Derrick as usual didn't respond and left first. 

Both Duke and Derrick strangers living in the same house now, they don't feel like a family anymore.

Penelope sighed, she let Pennel go. Duke then guide her to his office, 

'what he want to talk about? Was it about my education??' she thought to herself.

"Sit, Penelope. Make yourself comfortable." Duke invite her to sit on the sofa.

"Yes, Father." She nodded as she sat down and facing the Duke.

"Father, what do you want to discuss about?" Asked Penelope. "Wait about my education?"

"Oh no, that's not it. Actually Penelope, I will be leaving the dukedom for a business next week. I'll be away for couple of months." He explained to Penelope.

"Ah...? Oh, did brother Derrick know about this?" 

"Haha.... No, I want you to tell him since I'm... busy and don't have time to talk to him." Lied Duke, he's actually a coward who can't communicate with his children.

Penelope thankfully is a straightforward and strike the conversation. Still, Duke should've give more effort to talk to his children.

Penelope nodded, not taking up his lies. She pretended to be naive and all in front of Duke to not get kicked out.

"I don't trust Derrick... ... He's not responsible like he used to be so I can't trust him to take care of you and this estate all alone." He sighed. "You see how much he changed after Reynold hurts him?"

"I don't know Duke, I wasn't here to know brother Derrick old attitude." Said Penelope. "But I know, he's always like that. It's just he decided to express his feelings more freely now." Penelope gaze shifted at the family portrait of young Derrick and baby Reynold. "He's your son and a human, not just a heir."