Enemy

Astrid and Albert sat in the backseat of a jeep with two backpacks full of canned food and water bottles. Howard drove the jeep towards the highway with Orc in the front seat drinking beer from a cooler squeezed between the seats.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Howard asked, speeding up.

"We need to make it clear that we don't want to fight only peace." Albert answered.

"Yeah then why do you have a gun?" Orc looked back.

"Al! You brought a gun?! We agreed on no weapons. I can't believe you lied to me!" Astrid cried glaring at her boyfriend.

"It's not loaded just for show besides we're dealing with psychos."

"Oh I'm well aware of that. That still doesn't justify why you lied to me."

"Howard unlocked the door so I can jump out, I can't listen to them screech at each other." Orc grumbled rolling down the window trying to block out the couple fighting in the back.

"If I gotta listen to it so do you." Howard snapped as he turned up the radio with one song playing on loop.

"Whatever." Orc said grabbing another can from the cooler.

The drive continued before a van speed by them,

"What the hell?" Howard shouted as he stepped on the brake, bringing the car to a screeching halt. He, Albert and Astrid turned their heads out the windows and looked behind them, seeing the van drive away heading in the directions of the town before stopping and a blur exited, heading towards the beach and the van started again continuing it's route.

"We all saw that right?" Albert said after a minute of quiet.

"They got super speed like blondie." Howard commented

"I'm going after them." Astrid said, unlocking her door, grabbing one of the backpacks and hopping out.

"Do you have any weapons?" Albert looked at her, his hands on the handle, preventing the door from closing.

"Hey Howard?" Orc asked, pointing to a figure walking towards the jeep.

"Your boyfriend's right, Coates kids are crazy, well except Jack but what he's told us about them you need a weapon." Howard said ignoring Orc.

"I'll pick up a sharp stick on my run." Astrid said, rolling her eyes and looked at Albert and kissed him, "You guys should follow them and tell Mary to keep Petey hidden." Astrid then sped off in the direction of the beach.

"Hey!" Orc shouted.

"What Orc?!" Albert yelled.

"That!" Orc snapped pointing ahead of them, Albert and Howard looked where Orc was pointing, a figure firing a bright green light.

"Jump out!" Howard yelled as the three boys jumped out the jeep as a laser hit the jeep and lightning sparked around it before blowing up, knocking the three of them a few feet back. The figure walked up to the wreckage with earbuds in her ears blasting muffled rock music, she looked around before going over to Albert who she saw was the only one out of the trio who was conscious. She peered over him as she took out the earbuds,

"Sorry about your car but I couldn't have you finding my secret weapon." She said as Albert passed out and the figure sped towards the town.