Chapter 1: Ordinary Tuesday morning

Cassie Hassing was the sweetest girl you would ever meet. Although she didn't look like all the other girls with their bold perms and bright eyeshadow, her beauty came from her natural features. Her wavy muddy hair and her rosy cheeks. She wore floral dresses in the summer and knitted cardigans in the winter; that was when she wasn't wearing her cheerleading uniform. A white and green uniform that hugged her in all the right places and fell just above her knees. She did not flaunt it as often as most cheerleaders, only wearing it on Tuesday for cheer practice and whenever there was a school event. She did not speak much but when she did it sounded like a song. Her voice was sweet and delicate and was never too loud. In fact, she would often need to repeat herself when she spoke to others, as they could not hear her in most circumstances.

She was a junior in Highschool and was quite intelligent for her age. Many would think that Cheerleaders are vain and do not do well in lessons but the same could not be said for Cassie. She would often be asked to tutor those in younger grades to help them develop their skills, which she would kindly take up, meeting different students in the library most days. She succeeds most in her English and music classes. Although she never would share her work with the class, she would share them with her teachers who would always give her a similar reply. "This is excellent work Cassie, why don't you share it in our next class." Cassie would often respond, "I don't know if I can." For English in particular, her teacher would often share her work, without saying it was hers. Cassie never felt comfortable sharing her work because it was personal. As much as she didn't want to share her personal life in her work, that was the work that gave her the most inspiration. But her personal life is something to discuss at another point.

Tuesday morning rolled around like any other day, Cassie slipped on her cheerleader uniform and tied her hair up in a high ponytail, using a big green bow to tie the look together. Just as she clipped the bow into her hair, she heard a knock at her door. It was Chrissy. Chrissy, a senior at Highschool was Cassie's closest friend and cheer captain. The two would often go to school together, walking the 20-minute walk through the woods to get there. If the weather was miserable, Chrissy's dad would often give them a ride. Chrissy's dad was kind and polite, always treating the two girls with so much respect and constantly checking up on them to make sure they were safe. A father figure Cassie always wished she had. The sun was bright, and the sky was an ocean blue so Cassie knew it would be a walk in the woods for the girls that day. She laced up her shoes and ran out of her room and picked her bag up from the bottom of the stairs. She turned to look at the living room where she found her father laid out on the sofa, asleep, with the television still playing 'Back to the Future,' a movie which Cassie loved. She watched the television for a moment before the door was knocked gently once again. She turned around and picked up her keys from the side, looking back behind her one more time, as her dad turned slightly, still deep in sleep. She walked to the door, opening it to see a lovely person in front of her. "Good morning, Chrissy."

"Morning Cas, how you are feeling about today."

"What's today?" She asked confused as she closed the door and turned to lock it.

"The winning assembly. Basically, just the basketball team showing off their trophies from last week's game."

"Wait, are we performing?" she responded, slight concern, as she turned to face Chrissy, placing her keys back in her bag.

"Well yeah, silly. But don't worry you got this. It also means we don't have cheer practice tonight, so more time to ourselves." She smiled at the last part, nudging Cassie with her arm, as they walked down her drive.

"Well, I'm glad I put my good shoes on today then, otherwise I would be sliding all over the gymnasium floor." They both laughed as they continued to walk down the street towards the woods. In the distance, they could hear faint music that was progressively getting louder, along with a loud engine. Both young girls turned to see a blue mustang speeding down the street. Brody.