Chapter 11: When the Parties Over

One thing she feared would happen, happened. There was a big, stupid, dumb, fight between multiple drunk idiots. She saw there were two boys on the grass, rolling around, throwing punches, and kicking. She turned to Elijah, stopping him from running by placing her hand on his chest.

"Please can you go find Max and Dylan," she expressed in a panicked tone.

"What and leave you with this, absolutely not." he retaliated, trying to push past her, without hurting her.

She stopped him again, looking into his eyes, "Please Li's, I can deal with all this, just go make sure they are okay." He looked into her eyes, seeing she was serious. He hated to admit that she could handle this, but he had to, nodding his head as he walked to the side of the crowd and into the house. The crowd grew within seconds, and it frightened her. The truth is, she didn't know if she could handle it. She knew who was fighting but would they listen to her?

She pushed through the crowd, people shouting and chanting, as she got through, she could see Sebastian, punching a figure that towered over him. Brody punched back; his teeth covered in blood as he smiled while he threw another punch. He had Sebastian on the floor now, as he leant over him, he grabbed him by the collar and looked up, scanning the crowd until he met eyes with her. She was terrified, she had tears in her eyes and pure fear painted her face. He hesitated, staring at her, the sister of the victim he was punching. Her eyes moved from him, over to Sebastian, whose face was bruised and bloody, he looked like he was about to pass out there and then. He let go of his collar, throwing him on the floor, standing up. Slowly, he walked towards her, as she took a step back, terrified of the person in front of her.

Greg stood to the side. He looked over people's heads and saw the hallway scene playing out all over again, right in front of him, instead this time, the boy was covered in blood, and the girl was crying. She was frozen still, looking into his eyes, which were bloodshot red. Greg just watched. He watched again feeling helpless.

"I'm sorry," Brody choked, spitting blood out to the side of him. He lifted his hand up to move her hair, but instead, she flinched, taking another step back. People stood and stared at the girl they had always admired, the person they said they all cared about, but didn't do anything. Analysing the scene, the question that stood out was, did they really care for her? He looked at her as she jumped. "I would never hurt you Cas," he said, placing a hand on her cheek, she moved her head away turning to the side.

"Go home," she said through gritted teeth.

"What?" he questioned, pulling his hand away.

"Go home," she repeated. She had been so terrified of Brody, that she didn't realise that Sebastian had gotten up. His hand gripped Brody's shoulder, turning him around. "Sebastian don't." She shouted, she never shouted. It was too late, he threw a powerful punch at Brody with so much force that he spun and hit the floor whilst Brody practically lifted off the grass, only to fall back down unconscious, right at Cassie's feet. Everyone gasped and froze. She stood for a moment, trying to catch her breath, looking at the stars, trying to find peace, stillness.

After a few moments, she bent down, checking that Brody was still breathing before getting up and quickly running over to Sebastian, her knees crashing to the grass. He too was now unconscious. She didn't know what to do, her hands trembling as she sat between two unconscious people, with no one to help.

"You heard what she said." A voice echoed across the garden. "Go home." Greg moved through the crowd walking towards Cassie. "Go home, now." His voice echoed across the night. That comment was not addressed to the crowd, but she was glad Greg changed the narrative to that. The crowd began to move quickly, some leaving through the gate, others through the house. Some people stood and watched for a brief moment before turning and walking away.