Chapter 12: Keeping it spotless

It was about 12:46. Cassie had collected her thoughts and stopped crying nearly two hours ago. She was still wearing her black dress, it had road up her legs a little more, sitting just under her butt, but she didn't care, no one was there to see a thing. She had begun cleaning up the mess that was littered all over her house. Red solo cups decorated the floor and tables, like puzzle pieces scattering a coffee table. She held a black bin liner in her hand as she walked around her house, picking up rubbish and throwing it in. she had filled one bag already and placed it next to the front door, now holding a lighter one in her hands. As she was cleaning, she hummed quietly to herself, it was the only noise that could be heard from the house, other than the light rustle of the bag. Whilst she was placing a few items into the bag, she heard a loud knock at the door. Her heart sank at the thought it might be one of Richard's friends, or Brody coming back for round two. She placed the bag on the sofa and walked towards the door, adjusting the length of her dress as she did so. She caught her reflection in the mirror. Mascara stained her face, most of it settling under her eyes. Her eyeliner was smudged, enhancing the depth of her eyes. Her crimson lipstick was non-existent, only a rosy tint left behind. Her hair was messy at the back but framed her face perfectly, that would never change. She looked at herself for a moment, hating who she saw staring back at her, more than usual. She turned away from the mirror and gripped the keys in the door, twisting them until the door sent out a little click. She twisted the handle and slowly opened the door.

"Morning sunshine," Dylan smiled. She blinked twice, hoping she was just dreaming, that the sleep deprivation had got to her, but no, there stood Dylan, Greg, and Elijah, all with big smiles on their faces.

"What on earth are you doing here?" she whispered. She was joking when she told them to come back in the morning. Granted it was no longer morning but afternoon.

"We're here to help clean up," Dylan explained as he walked past her small stature into the hallway of her house. "No, if, buts, or questions." Greg and Elijah walked in after. Elijah looked at her and smiled, looking her up and down. He could tell she hadn't seen her bed that morning, or any good nutrients.

"But" she began before Elijah placed his finger over her mouth.

"You heard the boy, no buts, Princess." He moved his finger away and walked into the hall, looking around at the house that he had only ever seen in dime lighting. She looked at the trio standing in her hall, as they analysed the place, before hearing someone call her name from outside.

"Cassie," they sang. She turned her head around and saw Chrissy holding two cups and a small brown bag. Cassie couldn't help but smile in awe. Chrissy was wearing a pair of bright pink leggings and a black top. Her hair was braided in two small braids, on either side of her head. She ran up the drive walking through the door. All their eyes followed Chrissy as she walked straight through the hall, into the kitchen. Cassie closed the door, turning to see them watch Chrissy in all her beauty. She saw all their eyes on her, wishing someone would look at her like that. She was so clueless that they looked at her with more admiration and enchantment than any other girl could make them, but she would only see how they watched Chrissy.

She walked past them, waving her arm at them to follow. As she entered the kitchen, she saw Chrissy opening the big brown bag. "I didn't know anyone else was going to be here," she said shyly. "If I did, I would have brought some food for you guys." She pulled out a small polystyrene tray out of the bag and placed it on the counter. The counter was still cluttered with rubbish and alcohol, so Chrissy moved a couple of bottles over, making more room for her to open the tray.

"Oh, it's all good, we ate before we came anyways," Greg said, giving her a small smile.

Cassie looked at Chrissy as she extended her arm out, offering her a brown coffee cup. "You eaten Cas?" Chrissy said, as Cassie lightly took the cup from her hand, shaking her head, her lips forming a small o, as she blew over the cup, in hopes it would cool it down. She saw Chrissy through her eyelashes as she moved the tray over to her.