Chapter 9: Little Red High tops

Cassie and Sebastian had spent the past half an hour arguing over the party, with Cassie finally agreeing to it. Technically, she never agreed, she just gave up fighting her stepbrother. It was around 7:30 and a small knock could be heard from the door. Cassie ran to answer it. Chrissy had a very recognisable knock that Cassie had memorised by heart. She opened the door and saw Chrissy hand in hand with Jaxen. She welcomed them both in, closing the door behind them as Chrissy looked at her. "Cassie is that what you're wearing for the party?" she asked gently, it wasn't rude, nor condescending, just curious. Cassie was wearing what she had worn all day for school, so it would be odd if she showed up to a party with the same clothes.

"Jaxen, come help me set up," Sebastian called from the other room. Jaxen smiled at Cassie and gave Chrissy a kiss before walking off, a crate of beer in one hand.

"Come on let's find you an outfit," Chrissy reached out her hand for Cassie to take. They ran up the stairs and into Cassie's room. The ivory walls and pink decorations hung softly around them. Chrissy walked straight over to her wardrobe and opened the doors. She scanned through the clothes for a while before picking out a dress. "This, please wear this." She pleaded. Cassie looked between Chrissy and the dress and smiled. "Okay."

"I can do your makeup as well." Cassie looked back at her with a hesitant look. She loved Chrissy and her sense of fashion, but it was something that intimidated her. She wore blue eyeshadow most of the time, with bright pink lipstick, but Cassie knew for a fact it looked horrid on her. This became clear when, at a sleepover when they were twelve, Chrissy did her makeup the same way, and when Cassie looked into the mirror, she was mortified. From that day, she swore never to wear that makeup again.

"Oh, come on, I'm not that bad at makeup. I will just do the simple stuff. Mascara, eyeliner, a little blush, and some lipstick. Does that sound okay?" Cassie smiled at Chrissy's sweet gesture and walked into her bathroom, changing from her current clothes into the dress Chrissy picked out.

When she walked out of her bathroom door, Chrissy had already set out the makeup and multiple voices could be heard from downstairs. "How should I have my hair?" She played with her hair in the mirror trying to find a style that looked nice.

"I say keep it down," Chrissy commented, "It looks good on you." Cassie smiled as she walked over and sat in front of Chrissy, ready for Chrissy to do her makeup.

Chrissy's soft hands moved around Cassie's face as they spoke about all sorts of things. The music downstairs was playing loudly, a clear indication the party had started. All sorts of voices could be heard, none that really stood out. Chrissy moved her face close to Cassie as she did her eyeliner, her breath could be felt by Cassie but she had no complaints. The two of them have always been close, physically, and emotionally. They shared a bond neither of them thought they would ever find and that is what made them so happy in each other's presence. This is one relationship Cassie would scream about at the top of her lungs because she loved Chrissy with her whole heart and saw her as a sister. Someone she never wanted to be parted from.

"Done." She said excitedly. She shot up from the floor holding her hand out for Cassie to grab, pulling her up and walking her over to the mirror. Chrissy stood behind Cassie as she held both her arms. "Look at how beautiful my best friend is," she proudly said. Cassie looked into the mirror and could only see her beautiful best friend and a girl with the fakest emotions going. 

"I only see you," she said softly turning around to face Chrissy,

"Thank you." Chrissy smiled and pointed at the shoe rail in the corner, "what shoes?" Cassie laughed a little as Chrissy scrambled over to the shoes, scanning through them. Most were converse or vans, the same style of shoe, just in different colours. She picked out a red pair of high tops, a colour that would stand out against the black dress Cassie was wearing, it reached her knees, but with a little of Chrissy's meddling, it fell at fingertip length. Cassie smiled and Chrissy threw the shoes in her direction.